Does the ship change time zones?

florida cruiser girl

Am I correct in assuming that the times listed in port are local times? i.e. It says we will be in Cozumel from 8am - 6pm, would that be local Cozumel (central) time? If I am planning on an excursion leaving at 9a.m. local time, is this going to work?

Trying to get an answer?? Going on Carnival Valor on 4/1 and have been given 3 DIFFERENT answers. Who's been on this trip & did the ship change to Belize time?

Why are you so frantic on this time zone thing ??

You have a whole lot more than 3 posts over this time zone issue.

If you are worried about your tour operator, I assure you they will be waiting for you when the ship docks. You cannot be too early or too late. These tour operators make their living off these cruise ships. They will know exactly when the ship docks and will be there waiting for you.

The port times listed by the cruise line are usually the time in the destination based on that country's particular time zone. You should verify with the cruise line and all your questions will be answered.

I have posted in several different areas the question because I cannot get an answer from someone that has actually been on the Valor. There must be someone??

Because my tour in Roatan needs me to confirm the times with them and they say we will be 1 hour ahead. Yet, the tour in Belize tells me we will be 2 hours ahead. Carnival tells me we will be on the same time, even though these countries don't observe daylight savings time. The answer 3 different ones!!

I really don't want a tour operator to wait an hour for me! and I don't want to wake up at 5am! to meet a tour at 7am when I am being told it's really 9am. If the ship is on their time, I certainly don't need to get up that early as I will have plenty of time. I cannot wait to get on the ship as she wants to confirm now & once I am on the ship it's too late. If I'm paying up front a deposit & I don't show, I will lose the money. I guess that's why... someone in Roatan is waiting for my time...

That's all, I am sorry if it bothers you...just wanting someone that's been there to give me a quick answer.

GO BUCKEYES!!

I have posted in several different areas the question because I cannot get an answer from someone that has actually been on the Valor. There must be someone??

Because my tour in Roatan needs me to confirm the times with them and they say we will be 1 hour ahead. Yet, the tour in Belize tells me we will be 2 hours ahead. Carnival tells me we will be on the same time, even though these countries don't observe daylight savings time. The answer 3 different ones!!

I really don't want a tour operator to wait an hour for me! and I don't want to wake up at 5am! to meet a tour at 7am when I am being told it's really 9am. If the ship is on their time, I certainly don't need to get up that early as I will have plenty of time. I cannot wait to get on the ship as she wants to confirm now & once I am on the ship it's too late. If I'm paying up front a deposit & I don't show, I will lose the money. I guess that's why... someone in Roatan is waiting for my time...

That's all, I am sorry if it bothers you...just wanting someone that's been there to give me a quick answer.

GO BUCKEYES!!

In all honesty, I never heard of a tour operator asking a guest what time the ship arrives. The reputable tour operators only need the date and the ship. Make sure your tour operator has been given good reviews by other cruisers as he should know when you ship docks on any given day.

They are, they have:) ....she didn't ask me me what time the boat docks, she asked me what time we want our tour to start.

If I have a full day in port, I don't want to (or need to) start at the moment we dock, or get up up before the sun comes up. That is the reason for planning the timing so I am not racing to get going early when there is no need, that's all. Simply put, someone that has been on this cruise should know if they changed their times or not.

Hopefully I can help. I have cruised Carnival.

As far as I am aware, Carnival ships stay on ship time at all times. So, if it says you arrive at 8:00 am, that is 8:00 am ship time. All the different islands are on their own time.

I take a travel alarm clock (battery operated) with me on cruises and set it to ship time. Then I take it with me off the ship so I always know what time it is in ship time.

Hopefully I can help. I have cruised Carnival.

As far as I am aware, Carnival ships stay on ship time at all times. So, if it says you arrive at 8:00 am, that is 8:00 am ship time. All the different islands are on their own time.

I take a travel alarm clock (battery operated) with me on cruises and set it to ship time. Then I take it with me off the ship so I always know what time it is in ship time.

Thank you so much, that's all I needed. I will be sure to take my watch & not change it from Miami time. Now I can make my confirmations! Thanks again:)

Will the tour operator be going by ship's time or port time? So if it's 9 o'clock in Miami, it's 7 in Belize, and the ship docks at 7 - what time is it in Belize port when the ship docks?

I'm confused.

If the ship docks at 7, it's docking at 7 SHIP time. The tour operator will be going by local time.

I wouldn't stress too much. If you are going with a reputable company they know what time the big ships get in and the time they are telling you to meet will not be hard to make. Just get in line for the earliest tender if you are worried. I asked the night before at the purser's desk. I showed them my confirmation from my private excursion and asked them what time (ship time) I needed to catch a tender in order to make it. We were there with plenty of time to spare.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Valor last week. The ship moved its clocks back one hour the night before Roatan and ahead one hour on some later day, so you will need to change your watches when they tell you so that they stay with the ship’s time. The times that the ship docks and leaves are ship’s time -- the times on your schedule and the times in the Capers are all ship’s time. But the ports will be on their own local time. For instance, Belize was one hour earlier than our ship’s time, and Grand Cayman was also one hour different (although I forget whether it was earlier or later). I never checked Roatan local time.

Archived