Passport

I've officially decided to give up on actuall receiving my passport before I leave this Sat. night. Applied in Jan. and my date was pushed from 2/28 to 3/4 and still no sign.

I didn't want to take any chances so I headed to the Courthouse today to get my birth certificate. While I was in line another lady was there for her passport, she is leaving tomorrow for her cruise and no sign of her passport either. I can't believe the US government. I don't even want to waste my time calling.

It is very fustrating. If I would have known I wouldn't have wasted my money.

Thanks for letting me vent. All will be good on Sunday when I am aboard the AOS. :)

I've officially decided to give up on actuall receiving my passport before I leave this Sat. night. Applied in Jan. and my date was pushed from 2/28 to 3/4 and still no sign.

I didn't want to take any chances so I headed to the Courthouse today to get my birth certificate. While I was in line another lady was there for her passport, she is leaving tomorrow for her cruise and no sign of her passport either. I can't believe the US government. I don't even want to waste my time calling.

Thanks for letting me vent. All will be good on Sunday when I am aboard the AOS. :)

Unfortunately, you got caught up with all the others that were scrambling to get in by Jan 23. I have a friend who works at the post office and she said they have been extending their hours for processing because of the high demand.

And don't think of it as wasting money, since you will need it next year.

You also do realize now that you went through all the time and effort to go get your bc, that the passport will show up in the next couple of days. Murphy's Law. :D

And don't think of it as wasting money, since you will need it next year.

Not necessarily, yet another date pushback is likely, and the advent of PassCard at half the price....

If you only cruise the Carib, it very well may not have been the best use of money, but also not the worst:)

Not necessarily, yet another date pushback is likely, and the advent of PassCard at half the price....

If you only cruise the Carib, it very well may not have been the best use of money, but also not the worst:)

With the way the government has been changing the rules practically every other week, I wouldn't count on them getting the passcard program all set up in a timely manner.

Never mind if the OP decides to take a trip to Europe where those passcards won't be valid.

If you would have called a week before you were to leave, they would have overnighted it to you for free. The only reason I know that is because of these lovely boards !

When in January did you apply ? My DS and DIL applied on Jan 19th and their original due date was 3-3-07 but has finally settled in at 3-11-07. You can bet that if they do not arrive by middle of next week, they will be on the phone.

Archived