Kauai Kayaking

scsagh

I've been trying to research different kayak tours in Kauai. Currently thinking of doing something on the Wailua River or the Hule'ia River. Has anyone done either of these, either through independent tour operators or through NCL that can comment on these? It would be for myself and my husband and two daughters 15 & 11.

Thanks!

I've been trying to research different kayak tours in Kauai. Currently thinking of doing something on the Wailua River or the Hule'ia River. Has anyone done either of these, either through independent tour operators or through NCL that can comment on these? It would be for myself and my husband and two daughters 15 & 11.

Thanks!

We just got back from POH sailing 2/26 and did the Jungle Falls by Kayak excursion through NCL that goes on the Huleia River. The tour is operated by Island Adventures and they were very professional, friendly, and had a lot of knowledge to share. The kayaking was approx. 2.5 miles, nothing intense since you're going downstream. After hiking to the waterfalls and lunch, the excursion was about 4.5 hours long. NCL charges $89, Island Adventures charges $85.

mlprahl, did you enjoy the Jungle Falls by Kayak excursion? Would you do it again, or have any other suggestions? Also, did you go in the morning or afternoon? Do you think it would make a difference on the time of day?

Thanks,

Sandy

Archived