Active Duty? Check with HAL for discounts!

Navy_Chief

Spoke with HAL about an article on Military discounts on cruise lines in general which was talking about Active Duty and Retired Military. HAL doesn't have any discounts for us "retired" folks (and I use that term loosely), but they do for Active Duty Folks. I didn't realy ask about reservists but if your a reservist currently on Active Duty I see no diference and you should be eligable.

I also asked if I'm receiving all possible Shipboard credits and the like on our upcoming trip and was pleased to hear that my TA had in fact covered all the bases. I just wasn't sure about the Military part because I never mentioned it to the TA. So all Active Duty sailing on HAL, call them if your not sure your TA gave you the discounts your entitled to.

My husband is retired Air Force , wish there were some discounts! but it is nice that they give our active duty brothers and sisters a discount. The only problem is, that most troops can`t forcast far in advance for leave time and the Base commander can pull leave orders at any time as we found out once in Europe when we had to cancel a trip to Italy.....It is a nice gesture though....jean

Not too long ago, I contacted HAL about passage from Turkey to Lauderdale on the Prinsendam. They agreed to a fare equal to my rotation cost. It didn't work out for me as I had to be back sooner than the Prinsendam would have allowed.

The point: HAL showed an interest in working with me on this issue.

Archived