For those flying between now and October...

SUSANITA

Check your airfares!! Right now the airlines are having huge sales to Florida. If your exact flight times dropped in price, you are due a refund of the difference, or a voucher for another flight.

People in our group got vouchers for $45, $90 and $277! Just by calling.

I need this board's advice. I check daily on both my cruise & airlines prices. Friday I noticed the price on our trip w/Continental Airlines went down $40pp, so I called them & asked if I may have a credit/travel voucher for the lowered price. The lady told me that they would charge $100per ticket change fee for the lowered price. On a domestic flite of $250, I told her it would probably be impossible to ever go down $100. I also told her that the 'travel forum' that I belong to mentions almost daily people who receive credit for lowered fare prices. She would not budge. I told her I would check into this further & call back if I could find someone who has received such a credit from Continental.

Anyone have any input or ideas on this? Any help will be appreciated.

What airline did you get credit from? I called Continental about 3 weeks ago and they told me I would be charged a Change fee per ticket. Price is now 95.00 per ticket less than I paid. Change fee 100.00. Will probably call them again and ask if they do vochers? Sometimes might not be best to plan so early!

The lady told me that they would charge $100per ticket change fee for the lowered price.
The only time they should charge a CHANGE fee is if you are trying to get the lower rate on a "different" flight, not your original exact flight times.

I'm sure that every airline is different, but I'm certain that with USAir and also SW, they will just refund/credit the difference without any change fees, if the flights are exact.

Call back, and ask to speak to a Supervisor.

It sounds to me like I won't ever be booking a flight with Continental!!! :rolleyes:

USAir and SW will do this, not sure about the others, but it's not looking like Continental will!! I would honestly ask to speak to a supervisor, tell them that you are being punished for booking early, and that you at least want a travel voucher for future travel.

Gosh, for the three people in our group, it was the easiest thing in the world to get this refunded.

I see that Beerman had the same experience I did. I will call back on Monday to ask to speak to a supervisor. I will also mention that if Continental's policy is not as travel friendly as some of the other airlines. And of course, this lady knew that I was not referring to a different flight time, but my existing flight plan.

I just called ATA since the flight had gone down $90.00. I will receive a $40 voucher. There was a $50 fee to change. A month ago they called and changed my flight time (actually cancelled my flight) and I didn't charge them. Why can they charge me?

I'm booked on Continental. Doesn't matter, though. I paid $340 in June, and the same flights are now $370. There isn't much competition in Colorado Springs, so the fare wars are rarely beneficial.

There was a $50 fee to change.

Does anyone else find it utterly ridiculous that they want to charge a $50 or $100 "change" fee, when all that get's changed is the PRICE???? Unbelievable.

Llanning, they should NOT have charged you a change fee, unless you changed flight times. Especially if they changed your flight times!! They did this to me once, and I called them and said that those flight times would NOT work for me as my husband would need to take an extra day off work now, and they credited me the entire fare so I could choose a new flight.

Just a side note (and this is just my understanding) their has to be seats available on your flight at the new fare price. Just because their is a sale in the market, doesn't mean that your particular flight has seats available at that new fare. You also have to meet all the new terms & conditions (Saturday night stay, Tuesday/Wednesday departure, certain time of day, etc., it all depends on the rules and they are different with every new sale).

Just a side note (and this is just my understanding) their has to be seats available on your flight at the new fare price. Just because their is a sale in the market, doesn't mean that your particular flight has seats available at that new fare. You also have to meet all the new terms & conditions (Saturday night stay, Tuesday/Wednesday departure, certain time of day, etc., it all depends on the rules and they are different with every new sale).

There would have to be seats available in order to be quoted a price on the flight.

To Kristi, the last time I tried to get a voucher from Delta for a reduced fare, they refused because I had booked on their website. They said I would have had to book on the phone with a res agent to get the lower fare. Just wondering how you booked your original flight and if their policy has changed.

i got vouchers from Delta last week, when price dropped. i had booked thru their website. i have done this other times also, with no problem. when booking this flight i was using vouchers from a previous flight and wasn't sure if i could get additional credit. not a problem. any more price drops and they will be almost paying me to fly!!

The last time I called USAirways, I had a question about the flight that I booked online at USairways.com. The lady on the phone said that USAirways.com is NOT EVEN USAirways!!! They are some third party "travel agency" and have different prices and even itineraries than if you called the USAirways 800#. This shocked me.Anyhow, she didn't even want to deal with me because I booked it online, and gave me the "technical help" number of the website people. The funniest thing is, when I was on HOLD, their own recording was trying to direct me to USAirways.com for future flight arrangements. WEIRD.

There would have to be seats available in order to be quoted a price on the flight.

To Kristi, the last time I tried to get a voucher from Delta for a reduced fare, they refused because I had booked on their website. They said I would have had to book on the phone with a res agent to get the lower fare. Just wondering how you booked your original flight and if their policy has changed.

If the reduced price matches the exact farecode you booked on the website including date of travel, itinerary, flight #'s etc., I've been able to get the credit voucher.

Also know, that when you go to use your credit voucher, you can't do it online, you have to call and make your reservation. When you call to use your credit voucher, be sure to look up the online price of the flight you want They gave me their online price due to the fact their system doesn't have any way of making a reservation and applying a credit voucher online.

Jan

The last time I called USAirways, I had a question about the flight that I booked online at USairways.com. The lady on the phone said that USAirways.com is NOT EVEN USAirways!!! They are some third party "travel agency" and have different prices and even itineraries than if you called the USAirways 800#. This shocked me.Anyhow, she didn't even want to deal with me because I booked it online, and gave me the "technical help" number of the website people. The funniest thing is, when I was on HOLD, their own recording was trying to direct me to USAirways.com for future flight arrangements. WEIRD.

Wow I didn't know that about their website. I was wondering why I get such a variation in price and flight times between their website and other 3rd party sites. I always seem to get a LOWER price at third party sites versus their own website! :eek:

Would this work if all the travel arrangements were made directly through Carnival? We haven't got our tickets yet so I have no clue what airline we are traveling on but once we find out I can check the prices. We are staying in NO for three extra nites and booked the package through Carnival that way we get the shuttles and everything. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up!! I just checked ours, and it has'nt changed. In fact it went up a couple of bucks. Great idea though! Travel vouchers would come in handy for my cruise next year!!

{QUOTE] Also know, that when you go to use your credit voucher, you can't do it online, you have to call and make your reservation.

FYI, DELTA NOW LETS YOU REDEEM YOUR CREDIT VOUCHERS ONLINE.........MUCH NICER!

Hey that's great news! I try to stick with Delta for the FF miles. :)

just checked into it. airtran does not lower pricing. found this on the website

I have already purchased my tickets and have seen specials for a less expensive fare. Can I get the lower price?

Unfortunately, previously purchased tickets cannot be exchanged for lower priced Net Escape or Internet fares.

:(

oh and by the way, i always go direct to airtrans own website and prices are cheaper than the discount ones. at least when i book months in advance. dont know about last minute ones.

Archived