For those flying between now and October...

SUSANITA

We booked our air for New Orleans thru Travelocity (on United) back in March ($343 pp). Checked their website and United's yesterday and the fare had dropped under $225 called about a credit and the uninformed individual I spoke with stated he had never heard of ANY airline that offered a price reduction on an already purchased ticket. I suggested that he call United with me on the phone and after being on hold for 22 minutes he was finally able to get thru to United. My guess he was hoping I was going to hang-up and forget all about it. When the United agent got on the phone I asked that the rep. from Traveocity stay on so that he too could get accurate information. After making my request with United she said "no problem, I can help you with that". I then asked the Travelocity agent if he understood only to find that he had disconnected from the call. Anyway after a few more minutes with the United agent we are now getting a voucher for $240....sweeeet.

For me this boils down to being an informed customer. Get the facts and then make your calls.

Unfortunately, previously purchased tickets cannot be exchanged for lower priced Net Escape or Internet fares.

Call anyhow. You are not "exchanging" the ticket for a lower fare, you are keeping the same flights. There is a difference between finding a lower fare on a different itinerary than there is if the fare on your itinerary goes down. Does that make sense?

In other words, I paid $150 for my trip to FL, leaving 6am returning noon. Right now I could get a flight for $98 leaving 7pm returning 9pm. They won't let me change to the cheaper flight without an exchange fee. However, if my 6am and noon flight went down in price, they would owe me a rebate.

Archived