BEST beach in Costa Maya

newtocruising99

Get away from the pier and take a taxi to majahual. Don't get off at the first stop--that's just one place. The second stop takes you to a long stretch of beach with different "beach clubs" every few hundred feet. You can take your pick. It's gorgeous and relaxing and the food and drinks are very cheap. I felt sorry for those people who stayed at the pier.

We rented golf carts for the day. We reserved them through costa maya tours and then went to Hotel Maya Luna for a very quiet peacful day. We had the beach to ourselves. Very easy to get around. Had great hospitality from Carolien at Hotel Maya Luna. highly recommend.

Hey,

We want to simply relax on chairs on a beautiful beach in costa maya. I saw some pictures, but am wondering if the beach near the pier is best or take the taxi to majahual?

thanks!

pam

Get away from the port area and head on into Majahual. Taxi i $3.00 pp into town and $2.00 pp back to the pier. :)

http://www.*****.com/Tour_GolfCart.cfm

We ordered one for our upcoming cruise with another couple. They take a $10 deposit over the internet, but before that I did ask a lot of questions and got answers right away.

We are using our to go to The Cat's Meow.

It is $65 for the day and can hold 4 - probably squeeze a child on there too. Will pay in cash when we get there.

You fill out a form, they know when the ships are coming in and will hold for two hours. They also keep tabs if you are going to be late. I have heard that they sell out quickly, especially early morning.

Archived