Love to snorkel...HELP...I have mobility problems.

bksunbuddies

We will be on the Pearl at the end of the month. We are visiting Tortola, St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica and Antigua. Due to mobility, I need to walk in from shore or from a boat where reboarding is EASY. I'm fine once I'm in the water but bad knees and weight are a problem when climbing steep stairs...and forget ladders! PLEASE...any suggestions??

In Barbados we did the Silvermoon Catamaran where you snorkeled with turtles and over a couple of wrecks. One of the people on the boat used a walker and wheelchair to get around on the Sea Princess but with the help of the Silvermoon crew he was able to easily board - no steps or ladders. In addition, the Silvermoon crew helped in and out of the water to snorkel, in spite of the short ladder that is needed to re-board.

http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm

Denny

Hello, In answer to your question about the beach ...in Tortola...you can snorkle from shore along the rocks on your left from Brewers" Bay. Easy access from shore...beautiful, quite beach. Very good snorkling and calm ,gentle waters. Hope this helps some. Duckjordon

• 4 years later...

Silver Moon in Barbados was perfect for my bad knees. Plus it has comfy cushioned seating for the 5 hour trip. I wrote in advance and was told the crew would assist me in getting into or out of the water. I found the steps so easy to navigate, it was simple to get in and then getting back on the boat was surprisingly easy. The ladder extends into the water, so bouyancy lifts one up to the next steps.

Food, drinks, snacks...all excellent, best we have had on a tour. THe catamarans are uncrowded as well as the spots for snorkeling. Swimming with turtles was a new experience.

This was the best choice for mobility, plus the 2 friendly crew members, Dexter and Marlo were attentive and full of information!

Marilyn

Archived