Ms Westerdam

pjamk

Captain Peter Harris whom rotates as captain every 3 months with another captain. He was absolutely wonderful. Its not surprising he is the captain of one of HALs newest ships! He walks around the ship, meets passengers. Extremely personable and friendly. My spouse and I met him on our february 2007 cruise. He held the ship 30 mins at Ft. Lauderdale to facilitate the bordering of about 30 passengers hung up on weather realted delays. He saved the day for many of us struggling to reach the ship.

On our cruise his spouse was traveling with him, she also was extremely friendly and nice. They told us all about their 3 children including the the middle child whom aspires to be a ballerina. We saw him on deck several times, he was even involved in several of the shows on the ship in one way or another. A real Passengers Captain.... Commander of the entire ship, not just the bridge like many captains whom you never see except during the 1st formal night. Look for our full review soon!

Hi pjamk,

I certainly agree with you about Captain Peter Harris. We really enjoyed him. The Westerdam is a very well-run ship, in fact better organized than some of our other favorite HAL ships. I certainly hope he will be on our October transatlantic. It's great to have such a presence on board. He's a very friendly a personable man.

GN

Internet cafes on the islands are a good solution. A friend spent 30 minutes online at high speed in Tortola for $2 at the public library! Onboard, we opened our mail and sent one email to the house sitter at slow ship's speed and it was $5.

Archived