Any tips about Enchantment?

My first cruise ever will be on the Enchantment next month. Since I'm brand new to this, I'm wondering if anyone with lots of cruise experience has any tips for me. Either about Enchantment or just cruising in general. Thanks for any info you can offer!

I don't know if you are sailing with kids or not, but here is a warning just in case. Now, as you can see, we are avid RCCL cruisers, and our first trip on the EOS (different cruise director and staff) was wonderful, thats why we returned. So I am not an upset cruiser who hasnt been but once, overly demanding, that kind of thing.

We just had a pretty bad incident on out Feb 26th sailing on EOS. They gave my daughter a Jack and Coke instead of a Coke:eek: , and since I drink diet (truly horrid tasting on a ship to a kid) she drank almost half before realizing it wasnt just Mom"s nasty diet, and asked me to taste it. They were very nonchalant about it, even though she obviously got sick a while later. So be careful, and I hope you find the crew more helpful than we did, our next cruise thankfully is on Princess.

Oh my goodness! That's horrible! Well, we are 8 adults no kids, so we'll welcome any accidental alcohol they give us! But that's really just awful! I would have made a huge stink if someone gave that to my daughter! At the least they should have been super apologetic! And I would have expected some sort of gesture to let us know they were sorry - I don't know what, maybe they could have wiped out all your Seapass charges or something like that! I'm sure it took away from your enjoyment of the cruise if your daughter got sick!

Our very first cruise ever was in Sept. on Enchantment. As you can see by my signature we LOVED it! I prefer Enchantment's smaller size to the Mariner but that's my personal opinion. We had a ball on Enchantment. The service was more personal and it was just an awesome experience! But again, a cruise is what you make it. I went with no preconceived notion of what things "should" and yet everything ended up going beyond anything I could have dreamed it to be. When I got home for almost a week I would wake up dreaming I was still on that ship I loved it SSSOOO much! Enjoy!!

PS: Don't miss the frozen yogurt machine. We did not find it until almost the last day!! It is behind a wall going into the door to the Windjammer off the pool deck.

I am sailing on my third cruise on the Enchantment next month. She is a lovely ship and you should have a wonderful time.

If you have an inside cabin bring a small flashlight. It it really convenient for a late night run to the bathroom, etc. without having to turn on the lights. I find it handy even if we book an outside or a balcony.

Room service is great, especially for the morning that you will be in port and have to leave for an early morning tour. You can order items not found on the list, just write them in.

The adults only pool and hot tubs are very nice. There is also spa fare right there without having to walk to the Windjammer.

If you like to lounge by the pool get there early. Good spaces go very fast.

Most of all enjoy the experience. Don't expect everything to be perfect, but do expect that it will be pretty darn good. Kick back, relax and have fun!

We had a wonderful time on Enchantment.

We loved the shows and recommend your making time for them. The Qwest was also really fun. If you want to go to Chops, book early. There were a couple of groups on our cruise so Chops was pre-booked for two of the four nights.

You can see Enchantment bar menus, spa prices, cruise compasses and pictures in my signature.

I don't know if you are sailing with kids or not, but here is a warning just in case. Now, as you can see, we are avid RCCL cruisers, and our first trip on the EOS (different cruise director and staff) was wonderful, thats why we returned. So I am not an upset cruiser who hasnt been but once, overly demanding, that kind of thing.

We just had a pretty bad incident on out Feb 26th sailing on EOS. They gave my daughter a Jack and Coke instead of a Coke:eek: , and since I drink diet (truly horrid tasting on a ship to a kid) she drank almost half before realizing it wasnt just Mom"s nasty diet, and asked me to taste it. They were very nonchalant about it, even though she obviously got sick a while later. So be careful, and I hope you find the crew more helpful than we did, our next cruise thankfully is on Princess.

That seems more like human error than an Enchantment-specific problem. If it happened over and over, it might merit a warning.

We were on the Enchantment a few weeks ago (first time). We usually sail out of Port Canaveral as it's only 2 hours from our front door so previous cruises have mostly been on either the Mariner or Sovereign. Although will probably return to the Mariner sometime in the future, we prefer the smaller ships but a 3 or 4 day to the Bahamas (Sovereign's itinerary) get's old after awhile. Anyway, we tried the Enchantment and fell in love with her. The 90 ft. stretch made her the perfect size for us and she has plenty to do and see onboard. The staff and crew are some of the best we've encountered, and she appears to be in great shape.

Tanker4

We will be taking our second cruise on the Enchantment in July. What a great ship! One tip I learned on the boards was to get there early. We were on board by 11:30. We went straight to Windjammer and had no crowds. By the time we finished eating things were packed. We were able to tour the ship and get great pictures while she was practically empty! Have a great time!

Good point diznee. We pretty much do the same as you. Board early, grab lunch at the Windjammer before it gets crowded then a quick tour to take pictures. We also use this time to visit the dining room and check out where our table is located. By then our cabin is usually ready so we're good to go..........

Tanker

I've sailed on Enchantment three times....I love it. I'll share one tip with you that I learned on my last cruise in January. The morning of disembarkation is hectic. Nearly everyone leaves their cabin and heads for breakfast in the Windjammer which can't accommodate the entire ship in one seating....not enough tables....they can run out of utensils, plates and napkins...a lot of hustle and bustle and it gets crazy. Avoid the Windjammer and go instead to the dining room where you'll have a lovely relaxed meal and a quiet place to wait until your luggage tag is called.

While they're calling luggage tags, people line up three deep and it's crowded and hot and the line moves slowly....two thousand people to get off the ship. Then you have to find your luggage and wait on line again for customs sliding luggage across the floor. It's really not horrible but we've found that if we relax in one of the lounges until most of the ship has emptied, we can walk right off and pass right through customs without waiting on line.

You're going to have a wonderful time.

Archived