Questions about Belize

RLT24

I am leaving on the Miracle on 3/11/07. I have booked the cave tubing tour and was just informed thru an aquantaince that it is a little dagerous for children. I am taking a 4 year old with me. If you have done this tour please tell me if you would feel safe taking a child this age?

Thanks

Leah

I am leaving on the Miracle on 3/11/07. I have booked the cave tubing tour and was just informed thru an aquantaince that it is a little dagerous for children. I am taking a 4 year old with me. If you have done this tour please tell me if you would feel safe taking a child this age?

Thanks

Leah

After doing this excursion twice, I would not recommend taking a child that young. In fact, I didn't think they allowed children under 8 years old. Neither of my trips had any children.

We did ours with cavetube.com A friend with us had her 6 year old......one of the guides carried her tube, helped her with the walk, helped her into the tube by her family and stuck by her side. It could depend on the tour company you use. I have every intention of going back with my kids...........it was that cool!!

BUTTS UP!!!!(cave tube thing)

I did this tour in 2003. There is a pretty long walk just to get to the cave and you have to carry your own life jacket and tube. Inside the cave was (for me) pretty freaky. I actually found out that I am afraid of dark enclosed spaces.lol I had a panic attack, I was so mad at myself because I was really looking forward to that excursion:D. Inside the cave is pretty dark and you're just floating through this cave and have no idea how deep the water is. I don't know, maybe that's my view because I was freaked out. You may like it. You have a head lamp on but it's not very bright. I don't know if I would bring my 4 year old on that excursion. I enjoyed the walk up to the cave and the float down the river after you get out of the cave but inside the cave itself scared the H-e -double hockey sticks out of me.lol So, I hope I have helped.Happy Cruising.

We were in Belize my younger son was only 7 and there was not an available option to take him on any cave tubing or other excursion. The literature said age 8 AND able to carry your own tube through rough terrain.

Belize sticks in our minds as one of our least favorite ports because all we got to see were the fenced in port shops. We did not have the benefit of having researched our options on Cruise Critic!

But....never say never again...now ds is older, I'd love to go back and try this cave tubing thing that I have heard so much about. Please double check with the excursion provider to see if your 4 year old can even attempt this excursion. You may still have time to research other options and find something to do that you can all enjoy.

I think this would be scary for a 4 year old, and possibly dangerous. Especially if the river is high and moving quickly.

However, the park where this is has a zoo and other things to do, and I bet you and your kid would have a fun time there--plus get to see the rain forest. Beware, though, it's an hour and a half bus ride each way.

Thank you all for your info. I just cancelled my reservations for the cave tubing. I thought it was a leisurley float thru the caves. I was obviously wrong :) . Now I will just go hang out on the beach... 2 days for our first cruise... CANT WAIT:)

Today 09:10 AM

RLT24 Thank you all for your info. I just cancelled my reservations for the cave tubing. I thought it was a leisurley float thru the caves. I was obviously wrong . Now I will just go hang out on the beach... 2 days for our first cruise... CANT WAIT

I want you to have a mah-ve-lous time....but I don't think there is a beach to just "hang out on." Please check what is available!

Archived