Shopping in Maui

cmpaula

My older parents (75) are saling with us on the POAm in June. My husband, kids and I are scuba diving, my father is golfing and I am trying to figure out what my mom can do! She isn't a water person (it would mess up her big Texas doo) and she doesn't golf. But, she loves to shop! We dock in Kahului...is there any shopping close by? The second day we are renting a car and doing stuff on our own with the entire family. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, I have been to the Makena golf course...any suggestions on a better course?

Thanks!

Hilo Hatties will surely have a shuttle bus to take your mom into Lahaina to their store there. There are lots of other shops in Lahaina as well. Lots of restaurants also where she can take a break and have a bite to eat and/or a beverage. In Kahului there is a mall which has some decent stores, but probably isn't someplace that would take more than a few hours to shop out.

Last year we did Lahaina On Your Own excursion which is transportation to Lahaina, where the main drag is loaded with shops and museums. I found the most wonderful clothing shop with unique items. My mom and I really enjoyed this because we could do what we wanted to do all day and then were assured of transportation back. I haven't checked to see if this excursion is still available, but if it is, I think it is a good deal.

Archived