Pride questions, sailing 4/7

RFA

Does the Pride have ice machines on the floors near the rooms like Victory and Triumph?

What types of beer are available, and what's in cans and bottles? Just got back from Norwegian Dream and everything was bottles but Bud. They also had some more choices than I remembered on Carnival, but we haven't been on Carnival since 2/05.

At the three ports, what are some recommendations to go to a beach and have a couple of beers or cocktails for a pretty cheap price?

Any good bands aboard? We loved 2Slick on the Victory (or was it the Triumph) and hopefully can catch up with them in PV!!

Thanks!!

Does the Pride have ice machines on the floors near the rooms like Victory and Triumph?

What types of beer are available, and what's in cans and bottles? Just got back from Norwegian Dream and everything was bottles but Bud. They also had some more choices than I remembered on Carnival, but we haven't been on Carnival since 2/05.

At the three ports, what are some recommendations to go to a beach and have a couple of beers or cocktails for a pretty cheap price?

Any good bands aboard? We loved 2Slick on the Victory (or was it the Triumph) and hopefully can catch up with them in PV!!

Thanks!!

We were on the Pride about 3 weeks ago and I can answer some of your questions. No, there are no ice machines, but you steward will keep your ice bucket (and in our case ice chest) full constantly.

Here is the bar menu. Most of the beers come in the new aluminum bottles, Corona is in bottles, but if you're at a pool bar, they pour it in a cup, not bottles around the pools. http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

In PV there is a place called Si Senor, Mazatlan has the best Senor Frogs, and there are lots of places in Cabo, but not many of them are cheap.

Not sure about any bands on board, there is the reggae style at the pool, but otherwise I didn't see any 'bands'.

Thanks!!

The Ports of Call section for Mexican Riviera can probably answer these questions the best for you.

I'm not too familair with accessing the beach for PV(we did a day sail for our excursion there). I know I read about a lot of people hanging out at some of the hotels near the port (like the Krystal) and using their facilities for the day.

For Mazatlan, you'd probably want to check the Port of call board. I know some of the hotels allow cruise ship people to use their beaches. They may charge though for that.

For Cabo, I think a lot of people will take a water taxi over to Lovers Beach or to the Melia San Lucas Hotel(someone correct me if this is the wrong hotel). One negative about Lovers Beach is there are no facilities for alcohol purchases, although I did read once about an enterprising local who sold beer out of a cooler there. The Hotel is right on the beach and I believe there are bars and such right there.

I'd encourage using the Ports of Call board for better info than mine, you'll probably find what you are looking for over there.

Archived