Splendour of the Seas

GMC

My husband and I are first time cruisers and will be traveling with our 25 year old son, who is mentally handicapped, and our 11 year old daughter. I booked through a dot com company and the week we picked was a lot cheaper than other weeks. We have an OV stateroom on level six. Any information or pictures you can share would be greatly appreciated. Could someone explain how the pullman beds work and where in the cabin are they located?

Also, the cruise is a Christmas surprise for my children. We hope to keep it a secret from them until Christmas morning. I'm thinking about wrapping small gifts that relate to the trip for them. Maybe underwater cameras, sunglasses, post cards from the ports we will visit and my husband wants to give them a toy ship as the last gift to open. I would love suggestions.

Thanks,

Hi Scarborough...I too am sailing the 1/2/05 6 night Splendour. I take an annual Mother /Daughter trip with my girls now 18 and 21. Any other teens or 20 yr. olds going on this trip? Would love for them to have some instant friends!

Trish

We are on the 11/27/04 sailing. I don't know what happened but when we booked last November, this sailing was the most inexpensive(best buy for the$$) and within one month, the prices increased substantially and in another month, virtually sold out.

I agree with the other posters Grand Cayman very expensive but the Tortuga(?) liquior is excellent and only available there. Cozumel has plenty to do, shopping, beach and lots of parties at Carols&Charlies. We were in Belize about 4 years ago. It was a very depressed area, but beautiful yard goods. The fabrics were outstanding. We just walked the city. Never been to Costa Maya.

I've been checking the boards to see who else is sailing, but so far no posts for 11/27.

Archived