Transfer from Port Liberty to LGA or JFK?

fhmoore

Anyone have a suggestion for the best way to get from the cruise terminal at Cape Liberty to LGA and/or JFK? The flights are so much less expensive and conveniently timed from those airports as opposed to EWR. Any help greatly appreciated!

Anyone have a suggestion for the best way to get from the cruise terminal at Cape Liberty to LGA and/or JFK? The flights are so much less expensive and conveniently timed from those airports as opposed to EWR. Any help greatly appreciated!

Your best bet would be to take a taxi from the Cape Liberty cruise terminal to the airport. There is public transportation but I'm sure you don't want to be lugging all your bags around on subways and busses. Also, the cab will not be cheap but it's really the easiest and most convenient way to do it.

Plus, coming from Cape Liberty... you're more disconnected from the public transportation than if you were sailing from Manhattan or Brooklyn... You would have to take Hudson Light Rail to Hoboken... and then the PATH to Manhattan... and then I think you could get the train to JFK..... (I've never actually attempted this... so... it's rather hypothetical...)

So... take a cab.

Plus, coming from Cape Liberty... you're more disconnected from the public transportation than if you were sailing from Manhattan or Brooklyn... You would have to take Hudson Light Rail to Hoboken... and then the PATH to Manhattan... and then I think you could get the train to JFK..... (I've never actually attempted this... so... it's rather hypothetical...)

So... take a cab.

Yup, he should definitely take a cab. So much easier. :D

the airtrain to JFK starts at the Long Island Railroad terminal in Jamaica. He could take the A train from Manhattan to the Howard Beach station but then he would have to hop on a bus to get into the airport. All of this would be a really big pain in th neck.

Archived