rental car in barbados

mcp8283

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has recently rented a car to tour Barbados. We will be there in April and would like to be able to rent a car and do our own thing. Any recent experiences would be helpful. Thanks.

Hmmmmm.....I stayed on the island for 8 days back in October. I too, wanted to rent a car. That is until the second I arrived there. Talk about crazy driving!!! There are plenty of tour companies there. We went on a really nice one called Ted's Tours out of the Coconut Court Hotel.

http://www.coconut-court.com/activities_tedstour.cfm?Category=teds

We had a blast on this tour!! I highly recommend it. Whatever you decide...make sure you make it to the other side of the island to Bathsheba. Talk about BEAUTIFUL!

Bathsheba_Barbados.jpg

We were in Barbados in Nov. and rented a car right outside the terminal from a kiosk operated by Stoute's. We rented a moke and it totaled about $85.00, tax and all.

The driving around Bridgetown was insane. It was like driving in Boston, only with no street signs. I had to stop for directions 3 times to find my way back to the ship. Get a good city map and be very patient.

Outside of town it was fantastic. Using a map provided by Stoute's, we were able to navigate pretty easily out in the countryside. We might have seen more things by taking a tour but it was great being able to stop when and where we wanted to. We thought the northern and eastern sides of the island were just beautiful.

Your old pal,

Joe

Archived