Blackbeards Skatepark on Grand Cayman

hollywood34711

Has anyone ever gone to this new skatepark on a stopover? I was just wondering there is enough time to make it to the park and back in the few hours most cruiselines spend on Grand Cayman?

My son is an avid skateboarder, and the park is said to be the biggest in the world. What a treat to be able to get there for a few hours!

I think you meant Black Pearl. http://www.blackpearl.ky/

I have two boys who would love to skate this park as well. However, when I asked them if they'd rather skate or snorkel with the stingrays they chose the stingrays. I don't know much about the park except what I read online. I don't know what a taxi ride from the pier to the site would cost. The price is not overly expensive but they'd probably want to limit their other excursions to get their money's worth.

Scott

It's approx a 10-15 minute drive from the pier depending on traffic. Very easy to reach in fact as you can go out through Sound Sound and just follow the road to the park - it's at the first round about in case you want to rent a car.

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get a skateboard, onboard. It's one of the things RC specifically prohibits according to their website. Anyone have any luck getting a skateboard, or item like that onboard. I don't mean hiding it, or anything like that, but getting some special permission to have it for a specific purpose, while in port?

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get a skateboard, onboard. It's one of the things RC specifically prohibits according to their website. Anyone have any luck getting a skateboard, or item like that onboard. I don't mean hiding it, or anything like that, but getting some special permission to have it for a specific purpose, while in port?

Hi I just talked to RCCL, and as long as the skate board is packed in the luggage it's ok to bring on . The rep at RCCL told me to tell them at embarkation that it is for a planned excursion if they give me any hassle about it, he also said that they may hold the board until we get to Grand Cayman. My son is on a team here at home and really is attached to his board.....:)

Shirley

Archived