Now I've seen it all.

All I can say is "Wow".

I may have to start keeping the card keys from the hotels that I stay at. This is an uptapped market.

LMAOOO :D :D that comment truly made me laugh!

Well I guess there could be someone out there that would buy it.. people collect weird things!

-Mike

As a Ebay seller its all about the sale. I have sold things that no one in there right mind should buy. But if someone fool wants to pay me money for junk

who is the really the fool

Me who gets money for useless junk

OR

some bonehead who gives up there money for some junk.

I sold ski bindings that I pulled out of a trash can got $25.00

I sold a beer sign for $38.00 that I got free at a garadge sale

I sold handlebars for a 10 speed for $65.00 that I paid $1.00 at a garadge sale

I made $40.00 in a computer part I got for .50 I got it at a thrift shop

I made $10.00 on a box of pine cones I picked up off the ground out side of my house

I made $5.00 on a jar of sand from lake Tahoe

When I hear people talk about " look at what is for sale on ebay now" its only on sale because some fool will buy it.

In the last 5 years Ebay has paid for 3 trips to Disneyland, 2 cruises, 1 fender telecaster electric guitar. So I really don't care if people make fun of what I sell. All I could say on my first cruise was "I LOVE EBAY"

I agree with TahoeBob,

the fool is really the one who buys the junk (at least if buying something at an overpriced rate he/she has no use of).

A friend of mine used to sell movie DVD´s (new, unused anr originally sealed) on ebay. He bought them himself at Amazon or other stores everybody could have ordered them from too and put them up on ebay. He regulary got double or triple the price he paid for it. This was if he paid regular price for it. Sometimes he´s been able to lower what he paid for it by buying amazon coupons on ebay, which sometimes go for less the price they are worth, so he bought the coupons, used them to buy stuff and sold the stuff again at higher price.

Now who´s the fool here? I think it´s the people buying stuff on ebay thinking it´s cheap but they could get it cheaper in every other store.

Before buying anything I compare different sources and this includes stuff buying on ebay. I can´t understand people bidding any higher than regular price:confused: :confused:

I don't know if you've seen but Leno has an occasional segment on the Tonight Show called "Things found on ebay". How shows items, such as the one under discussion, and asks the audience to guess if it sold or did not. It's a riot.

The weirdest thing I saw was an Xbox 360 box when it first came out. NOT THE GAME. Just the box it came in. An empty box. The ad clearly stated it was the just the box. It sold for $500 or thereabouts.

Anyway, maybe the RCI card seller is just trying to do the same thing. So he's gambling a 35 cent fee hoping to hit it big. Who knows, maybe he's the same guy that sold the Xbox box with that same technique?

My first thought is it was was rediculous as well, until I remembered my DD's brother in law, makes a living by buying and selling stuff on ebay. That's it! I works on Ebay. I don't know how, but I have been meaning to see if he can sell some of my stuff. I tried to do it, but I really don't get it?

Many idea's start off as crazy, but as some people say, who's the fool if they are making the $$:confused:

This guy is really silly as the magnetic strip on the card hold your credit card details that you used on the ship, just like the ones in hotels do. Never leaves theses key cards always take them home and destroy them

Not true. First of all, not everyone secures their SeaPass with a credit card. Second of all, that bit about hotel card keys carrying personal information is an urban legend:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/hotelkey.asp

I wonder how long it will be before someone tries to sell their Concierge Lounge key. Or has it already happened? I feel bad for the fool who buys it expecting it to give them access to the lounge.

This has been done already on ebay. I suppose people could think they key stays good with no cut off date. But a seapass card??

All I have to say is wow... I would never have thought this one up. I too, have my cards in my scrapbook. They mean something to me... my memories... but why would I want to buy someone else's card...

As the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon departed....

D :)

I wish I could take the big step and start selling on eBay. I buy somewhat frequently, but have only sold something once and I used the I Sold It Store. They got part of my profit's. Does anyone know what profit eBay gets, say for a $10 item sold? The other problem is knowing how to ship and calculating the shipping charges. :confused:

I have things that I would like to sell. It's not enough to have a garage sell with, though. It would be great if I could make enough to put a down-payment on a cruise and surprise my DH. :)

Okay, I had to email the seller and ask him why the hell he would even try to sell something like this. This was his reply :D :

"Simple: Because many cool people collect cruise cards, credit cards and all sorts of junk. I've sold MANY, MANY cards. There's an old saying...one man's junk is another man's treasure. eBay takes that one step further!

So tell me, why did YOU look at this auction?

Dave"

I think his first sentence pretty much sums it up :rolleyes:... WOW!

Archived