Room choice on Grand

sunshineminnie

Hello there!

We have finally made a decision and paid the extra $40 to move our cabin. We have room C753 on the Grand. This is an aft cabin. Is this a good cabin? Has anyone ever stayed in it? Do I need request a no upgrade?

Is it a weird view off of the back of the ship? Is it noisy?

I really appreciate everyone's help in figuring things out. Now I just need to figure out how not to be so excited when we have to wait until November!:D

My gosh, you lucked out, didn't you! You'll LOVE it, I'm sure--the aft cabins are very coveted. We did a b2b on the Grand in December, and on turnaround day we did some cabin hopping to check out those we were curious about. We actually "toured" this particular one and thought it was perfect. Even the cabin steward said it's a great, quiet cabin. I'm happy for you!

Becky

Okay - I must be going senile, because I can't say with 100% accuracy, but I'm 99% sure that we were just in that cabin in February. Is it the back corner? If so, that's the one!

It was a great cabin with a great steward. Name: "Wee" - a shortened version of his name, but what he went by. He was very concerned that he got everything right. (One night we didn't get turndown/clean up service at night, because we were back in the cabin too quick, and he didn't notice when we left again, and thought we were asleep. You should have heard the apologies the next day - but we didn't care all that much.)

He brought us an eggcrate mattress as soon as we asked for it. (If there's been no mattress change, you want to ask for one - the mattress was very hard before, but nice with the eggcrate.)

No animal towels, and no posing of my Eeyore as on the first cruise (see my photo by my name above), but very friendly otherwise.

The cabin itself was no bigger than the aft cabin we had on the Crown; I'm not sure how the size compares to non-aft cabins. The balcony was a dream. You don't see a whole lot on the side, but you do have views on two sides. DH spent a lot of time out there - he enjoys the balcony.

I've just checked out my pictures, and I have a lot taken FROM the balcony, but none that show the balcony itself. Sorry!!

Archived