Transatlantic crusing?

virginia600

I am seriously concerning a transatlantic cruise in October, (bringing the Freedom back from Rome)

I am looking for information concerning airport transfers, life aboard ship during the crossing etc.. tell me of your past transatlantic crossings?

Many thanks,

Susan

:D :D You gonna be bringing the ship back yourself, Sue? LOL :D :D

Ha! As much as I would enjoy all the attention, I doubt that will happen.

I do have another question- Would you pack anything different from a Caribbean cruise vs Transaltantic cruise?

Susan

I took the Liberty to Rome in Spring '06...scheduled to take the Freedom from Rome in 11/08. I wore pretty much the same things [polos/khakis/slacks/tux] as i would wear on a Caribbean cruise. Weatherwise, maybe low 70s for much of the cruise. Plenty of activities on the ship itself. Along with the usual things you'd find in the Caribbean, we had daily church services/classes [taught by fellow pax] in both Bridge--use of Digital Cameras.

The cruiseport in Rome is some distance [about 60-90 minutes] from Rome airport. As such, you can use either CCL transfers/private transfers/the train. The last option is by far the cheapest. But there is limited space for luggage. And, since the cars aren't "flush" with the terminals, you will need to lift your luggage into place.

Check out the roll call for that cruise. We are one of many already booked on it. Again like many, we are arriving early do do some extra site seeing. We booked great air to Rome from "Best Travel Store". Hope to see you there.

i wrote a long blog about my transatlantic. the link is in my signature.

Thanks Zaandam2 for sharing your blog. I am currently booked on the Freedom, transaltantic crossing leaving from Rome on October 28/07. Reading your review, I wonder if 14 days will be toooooooooooooo long! i do hope the food is better. Did you book your own airfare? How about your hotel in Rome?

Thanks again,

Susan

Reading your review, I wonder if 14 days will be toooooooooooooo long! i do hope the food is better. Did you book your own airfare? How about your hotel in Rome?

Susan: When I did Florida-Rome in 2006 [and didn't need the hotel room in Rome...but I found my own airfare at kayak.com], I didn't find the cruise to long with to many "sea days" at once. If I did, I wouldn't have booked a similar cruise in '08. Other CruiseCritic members on my 2006 TA did find it long.

Guess it's just a matter of "personal choice." My "dream" would be to take a 200-day World Cruise. I can see where another would find it closer to a "nightmare"

Susan: When I did Florida-Rome in 2006 [and didn't need the hotel room in Rome...but I found my own airfare at kayak.com], I didn't find the cruise to long with to many "sea days" at once. If I did, I wouldn't have booked a similar cruise in '08. Other CruiseCritic members on my 2006 TA did find it long.

Guess it's just a matter of "personal choice." My "dream" would be to take a 200-day World Cruise. I can see where another would find it closer to a "nightmare"

Thanks Jleg, I am booked on 10/28 Transaltantic on the Freedom. I am really forward to the cruise! The airfare qouted from Carnival is still better than the other airlines. I also plan to fly a day earlier to get an extra day in Italy.

See you on the Roll call.

Susan

• 2 months later...

Archived