Getting to Merida from Progresso

nopqrstuv

At a different bus terminal in Merida, I think there is bus service. I considered taking a bus to Santa Elaina (10 miles from Uxmal) to a B&B and then visit Uxmal. I decided to rent a car at Hotel Fiesta Americana in Merida. I emailed the staff at http://www.yucatantoday.com for information about bus service, they responde in a couple of days. Not sure about an express bus but otherwise there would be intermediate stops. There are tours from the hotels in Merida but they must be booked a day ahead at the hotel and would probably take 6 or 7 hours. The tours include a very good buffet lunch the tours leave Merida at about 9AM. There are tour guides fluent in several languages. I used a tour company to visit Chichen Itza about 5 yrs ago and was in a van with a group from Holland which didn't speak english. The guide hooked me up with another van group at the ruins which was english speaking.

Archived