Belize City Tour?

crusingirl01

We are going to be in Belize on the Carnival Legend 7/1/07. We have been on the cavetubing tour and loved it but this time we are taking my mom and she is not in that kind of health to be able to do a tour like that again. Does anyone know anything about the Belize City Tour offered through Carnival? Thanks in advance.

Hi....read reviews here...there is not much to this "city" and most other tours take you past what there is to see, ie the swinging bridge and an old church...the so called "City Tour" gets mostly lackluster reviews...another tour with not so good reviews is the Brewery tour.

Despite people who try to sugarcoat things, the actual port city of Belize City is pretty run down and maybe not worth the price of a dedicated tour, and not all that safe or easy or fun to walk around...not a good place for Mom at any rate.

There are a few other options tho cause Belize itself looks spectacular, jungles, ruins, cayes etc....

You can check out Smugglers Run ....it gets fab reviews here

http://www.smugglersrunbelize.com

Trevor, the owner seems very nice...I have a tour planned with him to the Altun Ha ruins and then back to their beautiful Plantation to check that out and enjoy a homemade "Family Style Lunch" under their big palupa...I can't wait !

Trevor offers horseback riding ....but also a family style "cart ride" that might be fun for your Mom....or maybe the ruins tour??? I think that Trevor and his wife could help to make Altun Ha "easier" for your Mom.....or maybe you could have a horseback ride while she enjoys the Plantation???

Another option to discuss with Trevor would be a City and/or whatever tour followed by time at the Planation for lunch? Much better than the ship city tour IMHO

~~~~~~~~~Beach Option

you could book a ship tender/excursion to Bannister Island for the whole family but not sure how much your Mom would enjoy that. There are NO easy to get to beaches from the port itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Eco Park

This might be an option...new place gets pretty good reviews, has a pool too...at least you will see some of the countryside on the way there too

and a Butterfly Farm.....we have a Butterfly Farm in Broward county (actually one of the first) and that is a relaxing day for seniors and they seem to love it, I have taken visiting relatives to our Butterfly Farm.

The Eco park tour has various options and seems to be available thru the cruise ships. You and Mom could go to the Butterfly tour for instance, while other family members did one of the more active tours there...and then you can all use the facilities and maybe get something to eat, use pool, etc...

On the way to the Eco Park you get a "tour" of the city too!

The small Tourist Village that you tender into is ok for shopping

but from reading tons of reviews I have seen the general trend is find something to do OUTSIDE the city itself ! Just pick an "easier" outside excursion! HTH

Archived