Trip Insurance help me pick what i need?

texasnana

i have many websites for the insurance but having a hard time reading what i want. I want insurance that i can cancle for a medical condition. Also the delay at the airport or missed plane. I have read that some of the insurance does not kick in till 12-24 hours after the missed plane. I understand the rest medical on board etc..I guess those are my two important points. I also find that insurance same policy can vary someare 50.00 and some are 115.00 for the same policy different company...

I go thru a TA and she makes sure that our policy goes into effect immediately. Also that it covers preexisting conditions. The price is always based on the cost of our trip. We have insure america and it seems to cover everything. I know that I can't say anything about TA's but I think there is no problem with insurance. If there is I am sorry.:(

After much research, I purchased a plan from insuremytrip.com. I got the Travelite plan from Travelex. Not knowing a whole lot about insurance it appears this will cover what we need and was not really expensive. I would just suggest looking at insuremytrip.com and I called them and got better explanations to the questions I had.

Lana

I also purchase the Travelex Travel Lite plan through insuremytrip.com. They are wonderful to deal with (I've had to file two claims and it was painless and they paid promptly). Also, they are very good about switching the policy over to another trip if your original plans change. We have to purchase insurance within 21 days of making deposit because of pre-existing conditions, so sometimes our plans change. No problem transferring over the policy.

Archived