Photos of the Empress of the seas

CC YOW posted these on her and I have not seen any better. ;)

:

:from YOW,

I've just uploaded pics of Empress from last week's Empress cruise.

http://cruisephotography.shutterfly....21b32074e5a405I found Empress to be a good experience, especially for the very friendly and helpful staff. With 1,500 pax at 48,000 tons (the ship, that is, not the guests, although the meals did add up after a week), I wouldn't say Empress had an 'uncrowded' feeling. In fact the pool deck was quite crowded while at sea, though there were many times I hardly saw a soul. Still, I met a nice couple at embarkation, and literally did not see them again until disembarkation -- this is to say that yes, you do see some of the same people, but no more than with 1,900 pax at 90,000 tons (Celebrity Millennium class); and 600 pax at 30,000 tons (Oceania).

Empress indeed does have a promenade deck, and it's a nice place to grab a chair and relax. As the promenade wraps around at the bow, you can go up a flight of stairs and find about ten chairs in a little deck area.

The dinner menu has 'always available' items such as caesar salad, salmon, strip steak etc. -- oddly enough, I didn't try ordering off the menu this time, nor did I order any specialty coffee after dinner (though I believe it is at a charge). Pizza is available in the 'grab and go' area of the buffet, but I don't think it's 24 hours; soft-serve ice cream is available at the pool deck.

Indeed as stated earlier, this is not a flashy ship, but is a very nice one for those who enjoy the simple (pure?) aspects such as a sunset on the promenade, the sound of waves crashing outside your window at night, etc.

Hi again,

You might like to see a video of a passenger having a "little tour" of the Empress. This was taken before the last refurbishment because the "chess Board" is still on the pool deck.;) Cruise Critic cyscopup said it is now a dance floor.

When the site opens, it is on the right side of the page. "Mike Scooting All Over Royal Caribbean's Empress Of The Seas" and also one called "Life on the Empress of the Seas."

You are on the same cruise as me. I remember seeing your name from the roll call. :)

My husband and I are so excited. I've been trying to get all the information about the ship and the ports of call.

I will be siging up for the meet and mingle soon, I forgot my reservation i.d. # and couldn't register yet.I hope these pictures help you, I know they will excite you even more.We have been on 4 others cruises and it's the best vacation in the world.I would suggest getting Frommer's guide to Bermuda and a colorful map to put the places and names together, it helps to plan ahead, it takes alot of the stress away of tiring to figure out what to do.I could go on and on about how much we love to cruise but these post say it all for me.I'll see you on the ROLL CALL soon--have fun!!:)

Archived