Bioluminiscent Bay, moon calendar

cruiselover11

I dont know what to tell you. They say you could see it better the day of full moon then 3-4 days before.we were fourtunate to be there on no moon day and I think it's once in a lifetime experience.Even our teenager boy who was not excited to go was amaized w/the experience. I am sure you still will be able to see some "glowing" in the water.....

If you have been in San Juan before, and money is no subject i would book this tour.But it is not real relaxing, you have to kayak for about 20 minutes .

Let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.golden-heron.com/biobay.html

Hi - we will also be there on 4/9 with RCL and are interesting in doing a BioBay tour. Cruiselover11 - could you please provide some more details on this tour. Out ship will be in port from 2-10pm. Is this something we will have time to do. Thanks in advance.

Hi jessie073. I hate to tell you this, but sence you are in port till 10pm, and your ship does not offer this tour, i would not do this tour on your own. And if I am not mistaken,it gets dark around 9pm, the drive there is about 90 minutes.........you will not get back on time.

For those who are thinking on taking this tour, I would highly recomend to book it thru the ship( and we are normally book tours everywhere thru independent contractors).And it is b/c of the location of that place, it is far and kind of hard to find, plus I dont remember seeing any companys that will pick you up and take you back to SJ.

maybe you can get more info from these people

http://www.elenas-vieques.com/

Do NOT, repeat Do Not book this excursion if there is a full moon and also do not book through the Carib Hilton or the Marriott. We were told it would take about an hour to get there but we had to make out of the way stops and it took us 2 1/2 hours in a very old bus that leeked water and had no shocks. Once we got there the employees at the bay were very friendly and help us a lot. The kayaking was good and a lot of fun but when we got to the place were you were supposed to be able to see the Bioluminiscents we could see nothing. They were aware of this because that brought a large tarp and we put it over us and all we could see is sort of a milky white shape in the water. Many of the trour books say do not do this tour with a full moon. Listen to them.

Archived