just returned Nachi Cocom

ccletzgo

Bnsilly- WOW great photos :D 8 more days and we can't wait!!!!!!! What I noticed most is no people around! Talk about your own private place! I would rather have less than 100 than tons of people fighting for a spot! Was the water warm when you went, was it recently? Any tips for us to do or bring? Did you bring your own snorkeling gear, we do have our own. When you get off your ship are the taxis right there waiting for you, and when we get on, do we tell them "Nachi Cocum" or Island Marketing? Thank you so much, this is our first cruise and I just want to be prepared :) Your all so awesome!

Lori :)

Bnsilly- WOW great photos :D 8 more days and we can't wait!!!!!!! What I noticed most is no people around! Talk about your own private place! I would rather have less than 100 than tons of people fighting for a spot! Was the water warm when you went, was it recently? Any tips for us to do or bring? Did you bring your own snorkeling gear, we do have our own. When you get off your ship are the taxis right there waiting for you, and when we get on, do we tell them "Nachi Cocum" or Island Marketing? Thank you so much, this is our first cruise and I just want to be prepared :) Your all so awesome!

I would bring your own snorkeling gear. You'll be able to find the taxis. They'll be trying to get your business - no worries there! Tell them Nachi Cocom. Island Marketing is the middleman you booked the excursion through.

Lori..

Yes when you get off the ship at Coz it is a little confusing..you have to walk through this little shopping area first, then you will see the taxi's...no problemm $15 each way...just tell them Nachi..when you are ready to leave Nachi if there isn't a taxi there, just tell one of the guys at the club and they will be there usually in less than 5 min..

Have a great time!!!! :p

Thanks So Much Bnsilly!!!! This is the best site ever, such good people, I know once in a while I see "flame throwers" to us newbies, especially when subject of bring the forbidden alcohol onboard :p I've already been to the rum runners site and am all set :D This is going to be so much fun this trip! I cdan't wait to report back!!!!!

I still do not understand how people can brush off the fact that this club did not have enough loungers to go around for their "limited" clientele. I think some people here are simply happy to hear what they want to hear when they want to hear it.

The OP gave a fair and balanced report....the person who wrote about people "grumbling about not finding loungers" tho?? I have to question that...this club promises to deliver so they should deliver. If you book the package they should have a lounger for you. The fact that others had a wonderful time the week before does not help people who paid for a lounger but did not get it. My post about Glory, which docks at 10:00 is a valid point...I don't much appreciate "snooze you lose"...can you explain that??

How would someone be considered "snoozing" if their ship comes in later??

Nachi promises a limited amount booked per day and should have enough loungers for the people booked. No one should have to rush over there...and telling people "snooze you lose" is really not needed...not at all helpful

FYI : I would email concerns to Island Marketing ahead of time and tell them you expect a lounger to be there for you when you arrive for 49 bucks <grin>

Here is a thought, because the OP had a " large group " it could be possible that they wanted everyone together, and if you look at the pics it looks to me that they try to keep loungers spaced out to provide a somewhat secluded experience, thus is was easier to "drag out" loungers and place them together than to run all over gathering them. Only the OP, management, and others that were there that day know what the true story is. I agree if 100 people buy a seat they should all be entitled to one, regardless of the time of day, but it is like any general admission event all of your seats may not end up being together unless you arrive early.

I think that they have the loungers..I think they must just put out some and then if it fills put the rest. There are not 50 palapas(huts) though so that is why if you want a great spot I recommend getting there before noon.

If your ship doesn't get in until later, I would call and tell them your situation and I am sure they will accomodate you.

They wash the loungers and put them up at the end of the day...I am sure bringing them out as needed saves them a lot of work at the end of the day...they were very accomodating and I am sure you will have a great time...:p

Most reviews of Nachi are very good...now we see a few where they have a lack of loungers (or maybe some lazy people working there who don't want to get out more loungers)....telling me to "Well Cheri...you snooze you lose...don't like it go to one of the crowded beaches..." was totally uncalled for, and if you are trying to make Nachi look good you just made them look worse.

the fact is that places change, the people who work there change ....not every reviewer is out to "get" a place..however, if things have changed maybe people who plan to go there should make sure with Island Marketing that they will have loungers together...with ONLY 100 people that should NOT be a problem

Well if they don't have a chair for you I guess a happy attitude will make it all ok, take lemons, make lemonade, sit on the sand and enjoy:)

Oh and don't forget the good advice of bnsilly to bring your own cooler of drinks :) Have fun

*and apparently you can not only drink in the hot tub but you can EAT in the hottub *tho it is lukewarm...well keep that happy attitude!

Why would people even ask why others got there later...??? The club is supposed to be less crowded and only take res for 100 guests...IF they don't have chairs for 100 guests then they should take res for 70 or 65 or whatever amount of chairs they have...

FYI : the ship I am on, Glory, arrives at 10 am...by the time one gets off the ship, gets a cab, it could be 10:30, 11:00....so no way to be the "first"...

Also..it is a matter of preference..maybe people wish to shop first or see the museum or whatever....if they are saying they have reservtion at $49 then they should have a lounger..or take less people per day.

We came off the Glory and went right to the club and we were the second family there. We had no problems getting lounge chairs and I noticed they did everything to try to make sure everyone had someplace to sit. Unfortunately, those who showed up later in the day were stuck at tables but they didn't seem too upset. We had a great day and would go back in a second.

We came off the Glory and went right to the club and we were the second family there. We had no problems getting lounge chairs and I noticed they did everything to try to make sure everyone had someplace to sit. Unfortunately, those who showed up later in the day were stuck at tables but they didn't seem too upset. We had a great day and would go back in a second.

Thanks koops4 & Bnsilly, our ship is due at 9am, if for some reason we don't get a lounger, no problem, we'll sit at the swim up bar :p if that's busy we'll go in the ocean or relax in a hammock, or better yet get a massage while sipping a margarita :D , we will definately have fun, even a bad day at Nachi Cocum couldn't be worse than still being here in cold Michigan at work. I consider us very lucky to even be going on this trip so I know we will have a wonderful time. All the advice here has been great, and I know there will be bad experiences but not too worried anymore, I can't wait to post my pictures too :)

Well you know maybe it is just me...if I am paying $49 for a place that states it has limited amount of people I would expect a lounge chair

I would also not expect to see local kids having a birthday in the hot tub...I thought the party line about Nachi, stated over and over, is that it is ONLY available thru the Island Marketing company...??

Before the Hurricaine it was open to the public, people could buy admission...and since Wilma it has been private, thru Island Marketing

Island Marketing does NOT own it...they only book tours thru companies and /or work with resorts or beach clubs. Maybe new owners, or manager, took over the club.

I just think that it is ridiculous that they take more reservations than they have loungers for, and I don't think that people with a PREPAID reservation should have to hustle over there. Instead of jumping me, you should take some pro-active stance if you are going there and email Island Marketing and demand a lounger and ask other questions...

I thought this place sounded good, and the former reviews were wonderful, but these last few reviews show some problems.

Good for you, you got a lounger....what about people who did not? They still paid the same. Maybe the management has changed, or the workers have changed?

Cheri,

I'm sorry but I thinking you're beating a dead horse here. I understand what you're saying and the points you are making but I see no point in going on and on if it hasn't happened to you. Are you planning on going there? If so, call up Island Marketing as you said and demand that they have a lounger for you when you get there. If not, let it go. Yes, the "you snooze, you lose" comment could have been left out. Agreed. But at this point, it seems like you are going a little overboard. Yes, you should get a lounger when you get there. I think the previous poster was right on when he (or she) mentioned about getting loungers all together. There were probably plenty of loungers - just all over the place. If the situation is brought to the attention of the staff (nicely, I might add), I'm sure they'd take care of it. If it wasn't done to the person's satisfaction, then Island Marketing could be called and be told of what happened. But we're going on and on and on about something that didn't happen to you. I think the other poster who mentioned having a drink and making the best of it just means they are not going to work themselves into a tizzy over a non-issue at this point. If it does become a problem, then they'll deal with it. But, based on the reviews here and on other boards, the negative things you are harping on are truly in the minority. If you do go and you do have these problems, I hope you can post an honest review and the measures you took to resolve the issue and any further outcome. Reading these reviews is how people come to their OWN conclusions about whether or not the resort is a good match for them.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I just think you've made your points. There's no need to keep trying to get a rouse out of anyone. Those people interested in Nachi will read all the posts here - good and bad- and make their own decisions.

Hi....yes, you make very valid points...I personally simply get peeved when I see the cheerleader pom poms come out

the people who came and wrote a balanced review were treated like dirt here, with various comments about "grumblers" etc....

I think the Cozumel board is worse than some of the others frankly...

it is like hearing a bad review hurts people who had a good time, like they have to validate THEIR good time

I first innocently asked or hypothosized that MAYBE the management has changed OR that MAYBE the spring break crowds made a difference...instead the pom poms came out and the insults started..not only that but they are insulting the OP here, who gave a balanced review...that some things were good, and some were not, ie lack of loungers, dirty restroom

Yes, the "snooze you lose" comment was ridiculous

This is Cruise Critic not cruise cheerleader...I hate the way any negative question is pounced upon...I think we have Snoop Dogg working for some of these places frankly

Yes, some people take the idea of "I am coming from podunk usa and the cold and I dont care if you seat me on a used tire and give me kool aid and rum in a dixie cup I will have fun">> LOL>> that can be taken TOO far...

sorry I live in South Florida..if I pay $49 I expect a lounge chair, period

If it was free? Oh yeah...fine and dandy...but hello you are paying for this and as a consumer you read reviews to get ideas and facts...some try to override them

MY POINT, which is valid, is that Island Marketing does not own the place, they book for it...concerns should be sent to them..they do drop places that do not meet standards (*ie Maruba Spa after the Monkey Attack)

The fact is that FUTURE guests should have this info...the people who had a wonderful time don't need it...nor do people who seem to want to make lemondades of out lemons...

I really despise the bullying and the "stick up for them at any cost" attitude here...there are certain places that I happen to love in South Florida but IF I read a bad review of them I would not try to override it with my own good experience...I would maybe suggest reasons why it was not good for them or suggest things that future visitors could do to have a better time or suggest an alternative place to go....

There have been very good reviews of this place...but in these past couple they have 1) lack of loungers 2) lukewarm hot tubs 3) KIDS PARTY IN THE HOT TUBS...UGH>..4) People EATING IN THE HOT TUB..YUCK 5) dirty men's room 6) a fan gets sick on fruit drinks and says bring your own cooler...

those are some drastically different reviews from just last month...most last month never said "get there early"....

People should be able to make logical comments

as for the "you have not been here">> NO I haven't...but I can read, and I have a good system of bookmarks...

the people who have been there are reporting some problems and some want to gloss over them

Let's see what the next reviews say....<grin>

Sharecruisers- I sure hope this was not directed at me your quote was:

"Yes, some people take the idea of "I am coming from podunk usa and the cold and I dont care if you seat me on a used tire and give me kool aid and rum in a dixie cup I will have fun">> LOL>> "

If it was, since I said I was coming from cold Michigan, #1 don't know where your from or really care but where I live is not podunk USA, and #2 I never heard any poster here say Nachi offered them a tire to sit on instead with a glass of kool-aid :confused:

If if was directed my way you really are a rude person and way out of line. You really need to stop reading this thread or grow up. I am trying to stay positive and you seem to enjoy ruining peoples day.

Hmmm....reading a review or an opinion would not ruin my day...a hot tub full of kids at a birthday party and people eating in a hot tub and not getting a chair might make me unhappy tho

Since you are such a postive person who knows what is "rude" or not, why didn't you chime in when your hero told me to "snooze or lose" ??? LOL

I can't wait to read your review...

Archived