just returned Nachi Cocom

ccletzgo

So true Ken...the "snooze/lose" comment and the attacks on the OP for "grumbling" when they did not get chairs at Nachi were out of line :)

Acutally I have read many good reviews of this place but these new ones are not very good...and that is what reviews are..reports...opinions...

it is like a bad restaurant review..things are subjective...your good may be my bad...at any rate there does seem to be a real "change" here...just like we had good reviews of Reef club til there was a big "change" (ie timeshares opened up there and it got very crowded)

Maybe time shares are a problem in Cozumel...I just read another review of people taken on a time share tour and then got an "all inclusive day" for $50??

Frankly my antennae go up when people are so so quick to "defend' their fav...I don't work for these places nor do I intend to work for them , I do think that there are certain things that are acceptable or not acceptable.

For instance, the complaints about Murky water at Paradise were ridiculous...beach clubs do not control the weather...just like we are having rip tides in Florida...some tourists will go in and risk our lifeguard just cause it is their 'vacation" tho..happens every time. Sea lice, sea storms, water conditions are not controlled by a beach club.

but chairs...or lack of....pool temp/clean and kids in it or not..those are controlled by a beach club

getting sick on fruit?? Have not heard that from other beach clubs and plenty of them serve fruity drinks

no need to be ostrich's here....if there is a problem it is there, and I suggested a few things why...maybe spring break or new management...

I also suggested that people could email Island Marketing

and for that trouble I got nasty remarks...LOL

Time out. Let's all step back and take a breather. I thought we were not going to get all riled up again.

Cheri, you've made your points. We'll all read your review once you've been there. I also think if you go back and read the posts that you are referencing, you'll see it's not quite as dramatic as what you're making it.

Everyone else, there's no sense arguing. We're just going round and round. Let's let it be before it gets out of hand.

Time out. Let's all step back and take a breather. I thought we were not going to get all riled up again.

Cheri, you've made your points. We'll all read your review once you've been there. I also think if you go back and read the posts that you are referencing, you'll see it's not quite as dramatic as what you're making it.

Everyone else, there's no sense arguing. We're just going round and round. Let's let it be before it gets out of hand.

I agree with you totally!! Just drop it!! I just wanted some opinions on the place and thanks to good people like yourself and others I got them. I'm confident we will have a GREAT time with plently of chairs and lots of fun to go around :)

I personally do not care what negative things have been stated about Nachi. I plan on going and having a DAMN GOOD TIME.

My worst day on a cruise or vacation is still better than my best day in the office.

Also, I am an adult, and if things are not the way they were offered to be, I will speak to a manager and mske sure they understand.

Now, let's all go cruising

I personally do not care what negative things have been stated about Nachi. I plan on going and having a DAMN GOOD TIME.

My worst day on a cruise or vacation is still better than my best day in the office.

Also, I am an adult, and if things are not the way they were offered to be, I will speak to a manager and mske sure they understand.

Now, let's all go cruising

Ditto! only 5 Days left :D Maybe we'll run into you at Nachi!!!! We'll be the ones with margarita's at the swim up bar :)

well..some quick googling....and I find that the reason Nachi is not "open to the public" is that they were closed down BEFORE Wilma for environmental issues, destroying protected mangroves to build parking lot..they owe fines and so were reopened only partially for the cruisers, which is apparently why so few were there before (with Island Marketing)

now...they also have a deal with a hotel called casa del mar which was offering Nachi to their guests at a fee...their own beach at Casa was totally destroyed and they are still working on it apparently...from the cozumel forums it seems that NOW Casa del Mar has made Nachi available for all of it's guests and started running shuttles back and forth at pre arranged times thru the day....so this MAY be why there is a sudden influx in people there ?? Cause really reviews from just last month had no problem getting a lounger

in fact many reviews showed so very few people at the club that it was amazing they were open at all...realistically NO club can stay open with like 10 or 12 guests per day...so maybe it is a good thing IF they do not "overbook" and IF the workers there accomodate the guests

this info is available on the net

The people who were concerned about a snorkel guide feeding bread to the fish..will they be concerned about the mangroves???

Since NOW club is apparently shared with the people from the hotel (and it seems maybe yet another "sister" hotel?) then maybe my "idea" to email Island Marketing and make sure you have some sort of "proof"...email or whatever..that YOU will get a LOUNGER is a pretty good idea?

the club looks very pretty and it has gotten raves...just something changed or whatever...just like the reef club reviews suddenly changed (for the worse) when it expanded to a time share deal

As for rereading the posts, I ask you to reread mine...I merely said that "things change" etc and suggested to email Island Marketing before being told to "snooze you lose">>> which egged me on to do some quick googling and finding this new info LOL

Don't like the message?? well don't shoot the messenger

Congrats Lori!! Only 5 more days!! I know you will have a great time on your cruise...after all it's cruising, right?? :p I hope you have a great time in Mexico as well..be sure to let us know how your cruise goes and show us pics...

Congrats Lori!! Only 5 more days!! I know you will have a great time on your cruise...after all it's cruising, right?? :p I hope you have a great time in Mexico as well..be sure to let us know how your cruise goes and show us pics...

Thanks, I'll make sure I get one of my toes like yours, reminds me of the Corona Beer commercial :) We can't wait!! Wish us luck with the

loungers :p

Almost 4 days now!

This is so ridiculous. I cant believe this crap is still going on. Maybe if no one responds to Sharecruises remarks, shell go away. Dang, im usually the nicest person in the world but this is nothing but destructive!:mad:

The point has been driven into the dirt.

This is so ridiculous. I cant believe this crap is still going on. Maybe if no one responds to Sharecruises remarks, shell go away. Dang, im usually the nicest person in the world but this is nothing but destructive!:mad:

The point has been driven into the dirt.

Believe me, we know ;) I'm just happy to be able to go!! Like one of the guys said, a bad day at Nachi is better than a good day at work!

Funny you said that, we woke up this morning to a snow blizzard and I had to shovel :eek: You probably have your AC on and my heat is cranked and a fire blazing!! But in 4 days............. Paradise :) needless to say I'm excited :D

Nah no a/c yet but the windows open and fresh air is great...

Hmm, it says it is suppose to be raining ... I don't trust the 10 day forecasts but when they say rain, does that mean for just for a little bit and not all day? Just curious as to what the weather is like in Cozumel now :rolleyes:

Cozumel weather is kinda like florida weather If they say rain it might, but it wont last long.

I posted this on the "big board" so I thought I might try here too. What did you do with your things when you went in the ocean? Did you leave them under your chair or buy a water proof pouchy thing to carry?

Good question :) I never thought of that, I do have a "aqua bag" but don't want to drag it around, I wonder how safe things are? Maybe they have lockers :confused: I'll have the same problem in Cayman also- I did see your post on the main board but last time I looked no replies, so this will probably work here - what day do you go to Nachi? We will be there on March 30.

Hey Kenf333- theres going to be a heatwave here in MI- almost 37 degrees today :p

Good question :) I never thought of that, I do have a "aqua bag" but don't want to drag it around, I wonder how safe things are? Maybe they have lockers :confused: I'll have the same problem in Cayman also- I did see your post on the main board but last time I looked no replies, so this will probably work here - what day do you go to Nachi? We will be there on March 30.

Hey Kenf333- theres going to be a heatwave here in MI- almost 37 degrees today :p

37 Wow :D ...

At the beach club I went to on cozumel I did not even think about my personal items, I left them under or on my lounger and enjoyed the day. Although I only took a credit card, small amount of cash, sea pass, ID, a digital cam and towels.

37 Wow :D ...

At the beach club I went to on cozumel I did not even think about my personal items, I left them under or on my lounger and enjoyed the day. Although I only took a credit card, small amount of cash, sea pass, ID, a digital cam and towels.

Well that is good to know! I think I'm going to buy one of those water wallets that I've heard of and just have my hubby throw it in his trunks, good thing he doesn't wear a speedo :eek: oh my!!! :p And just keep things tidy under the chair also.

Archived