just returned Nachi Cocom

ccletzgo

I just returned from Nachi on Wednesday too. I had a blast! We got there a little after 10, there was only one other group of women there at the time. I saw plenty of space, and actually there seemed like plenty of space and lounge chairs (I constantly saw them bringing out more if needed). It was beautiful though! Probably one of our favorite parts.

Plenty of food (and it tasted great!), plenty of drinks, Manuel was always going by asking if we wanted more ... so we actually never had to go up to the bar. Pool was beautiful and felt great. The water was clear and we even went snorkeling ... it was great! Lots of fish, barracudas, sting rays ... we didn't see any turtles this time but there are turtles.

I was so worried that I wouldn't get a chair or that this experience wouldn't be worth it, but it was! I would definitely recommend it ... this is the place I'd go if I ever went back to Cozumel.

Oh and that group of people that came at the end, yea they ended up sitting right next to us. They didn't have reservations they said, the taxi driver just took them there ... so they said they wouldn't be upset if they didn't get chairs on the beach ... but they did.

I'll post a couple pictures if you all wanted to see them, though I know people have been posting them.

I have not seen any new upadted recent pictures ... PLEASE post them!!

Thank you.

We are going in May and can't wait. I think we are the only ship in port that day too :D

Thank you.

We are going in May and can't wait. I think we are the only ship in port that day too :D

Look for the post pics from Nachi.....I posted it from our trip on May 10th...

We just got back from our Disney Magic Western Caribbean cruise. I think the other two posters were talking about my family leaving when the other group of 6 people came later in the afternoon around 2:00. It could have been someone else, but we did give our chairs and shade up to the group of six ( 2 adults and 4 children). It turned out to be our friends who were staying in Cancun for the week and came over to Cozumel to surprise us. My son is very good friends with their son. I was surprised they let them in without a reservation. Manuel only charged them $5.00 a person, but they would have to pay full price for drinks or food. When we saw the prices on the menu for the food, they were so high. I'm glad ours was included. We booked our stay for the day there through island marketing.

I was concerned about the bad reviews and not having the chairs or the shade so I emailed the manager at island marketing with my concerns, and he got back to me right away and confirmed with nachi cocom managers that people have been concerned about the lack of chairs with their reservations. He emailed us back and forwarded the emails from nachi cocom manager, assuring us that we would have shade and chairs. We didn't get there until around 10:30 a.m. and when we showed Manuel our reservation confirmation, he said hello to my family and said he was expecting us! He had chairs under the shade all set up for us with cushions on them too! He even had towels on the chairs for us, so I guess we didn't need to bring ours from the cruise ship. He brought us unlimited drinks, and lunch right to us at our chairs. The food was outstanding!!! My husband loved the grilled fish and the shrimp!!! I had the chicken tacos and they were awesome. My kids just had hot dogs and fries. The chips and salsa and guacamole were the best we have ever eaten!!! The water was beautiful, my son and husband enjoyed the snorkling. The pool was clean and nice. We were shocked how empty this beach was. Everyone on our ship was complaining about how crowded paradise beach and playa mia beach were. We could see the parking lots packed there as we left nachi cocom.

I don't have anything negative to say about this beach club. It honestly was paradise for us, and one of our favorite memories from our trip. If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask! If anyone has a trip coming up to nachi cocom, don't worry, you will love it!!!

We just got back from our Disney Magic Western Caribbean cruise. I think the other two posters were talking about my family leaving when the other group of 6 people came later in the afternoon around 2:00. It could have been someone else, but we did give our chairs and shade up to the group of six ( 2 adults and 4 children). It turned out to be our friends who were staying in Cancun for the week and came over to Cozumel to surprise us. My son is very good friends with their son. I was surprised they let them in without a reservation. Manuel only charged them $5.00 a person, but they would have to pay full price for drinks or food. When we saw the prices on the menu for the food, they were so high. I'm glad ours was included. We booked our stay for the day there through island marketing.

I was concerned about the bad reviews and not having the chairs or the shade so I emailed the manager at island marketing with my concerns, and he got back to me right away and confirmed with nachi cocom managers that people have been concerned about the lack of chairs with their reservations. He emailed us back and forwarded the emails from nachi cocom manager, assuring us that we would have shade and chairs. We didn't get there until around 10:30 a.m. and when we showed Manuel our reservation confirmation, he said hello to my family and said he was expecting us! He had chairs under the shade all set up for us with cushions on them too! He even had towels on the chairs for us, so I guess we didn't need to bring ours from the cruise ship. He brought us unlimited drinks, and lunch right to us at our chairs. The food was outstanding!!! My husband loved the grilled fish and the shrimp!!! I had the chicken tacos and they were awesome. My kids just had hot dogs and fries. The chips and salsa and guacamole were the best we have ever eaten!!! The water was beautiful, my son and husband enjoyed the snorkling. The pool was clean and nice. We were shocked how empty this beach was. Everyone on our ship was complaining about how crowded paradise beach and playa mia beach were. We could see the parking lots packed there as we left nachi cocom.

I don't have anything negative to say about this beach club. It honestly was paradise for us, and one of our favorite memories from our trip. If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask! If anyone has a trip coming up to nachi cocom, don't worry, you will love it!!!

I loved your review...it was just as wonderful for us. I look forward to the day that I can return:rolleyes:

Thank you.

There are 3 ships in port that day! About 6,000 people and I feel happy to be in the 100 reservation group for this beach :)

Do you have to have a reservation? We went there several times before it closed. We never made reservations we just showed up. We always loved it. We would like to go back. I found nachi's website but it doesn't say anything about reservations and I couldn't find a date that the site was updated. Thanks! Lauren

Do you have to have a reservation? We went there several times before it closed. We never made reservations we just showed up. We always loved it. We would like to go back. I found nachi's website but it doesn't say anything about reservations and I couldn't find a date that the site was updated. Thanks! Lauren

to your post on the other thread :confused:

anyway if not .... I made my reservations thru island marketing

Hi Everyone!!! We are back and I am so pleased to say it was nothing short of FANTASTIC! It killed my DH & I to leave :( - I will go step by step as we got into Cozemel. We docked so that was nice, we got right off the pier to a bunch of shops, also there were SWAT type police full gear and MACHINE GUNS! Kind of weird to see it, but I guess that's Mexico?? Anyway walked through the mall to this waiting area whwrw the was a line of taxis, told them Nachi Cocum, and it was $14.00 for the trip. It was about a 15 min drive ( driver was zooming in and out of traffic, spoke no english either!) When he pulled into the driveway of the resort, my DH and I looked at each other annd thought What the heck did we pay for, by that I mean the drive in was awful looking, Hurricane Wilma did a toll on Cozemel and the trees were down and dead etc. Then we got to the this gate and it was closed! But there was a worker doing work on the landscaping and he just opened the gate, we pulled up and saw this big grass covered bar area, walked and and we were the only ones there, besides the workers, they had just opened at 9am, when we got there. Immediately we gave our reservation info, he turned on the music and it was heaven on earth, the pool was wonderful!! Warm and huge!!!! Big jacuzzi with great jets, TONS of loungers :p , with comfy blue cushions, and on one side tables with regular chairs, the palaypas were on the beach area, all had 2 chairs and a table under them. There was a shower area and restrooms right in the restarant area also. The place was super clean, all water we drank was in bottles too :) We were the only ones there for about a 1/2 hour, then we met a wonderful couple, Mike and Jim, also Cruise Critics!! HI if your reading this!!! THey were on the Carnival Conquest. And and another male couple, well Manual never left us with a drink empty, everytime I looked he had brought me another one!! YUMMY!!! Well then Manual said for $32 each we could go for a 2 hour snorkel trip, so the 6 of us went!! What a riot!! Fish were ALL OVER!!! Leonardo and a Antonio Bandaras look alike took us, more drinks too! They were wonderful!!! When we got back 2 hours later, there were about 50 people total there, and the chairs we had saved were gone- so I went to Manual and boom we got more chairs instantly. They were so wonderful, all you can eat, the food was great!!! Drinks fantastic!!! The area was so clean and the water was a blue I have never seen before, like a crayon!!!! It was heaven. Then Manual also said a massage would be $35 for min. my DH was all over it! I passed. I soaked up the sun. We ran into another family from Cruise Critic there also, Hog-Wild!! Hi Amy!! I saw 3 iguanas!!! Just sitting there chillin!!!!! We had planned on shopping, but loved the place so much we left at 4:30pm we had to be at the ship by 5:15!! So, Manual called a cab, we flew back, cruised the mall walking back to the ship grabbed some t-shirts etc. and back on board! Here are some pictures!! I hope they turn out!!! I know if you go you will LOVE it, Manual was a saint, and Leonardo was so fun!!! Do the snorkeling, they do supply them and jackets, but we had our own snorkels. Well worth it! We saw a huge turtle on the 2nd spot he took us, and tons of huge fish too! The first spot there were schools of fish, plus they brought bread and fed them, so we were surrounded!!! We also saw a sting ray!!! I highly recommend this place, well worth $49pp, we would do it again in a minute. I just wish we had more time. Any questions just ask me ok!! I hope this wasn't too long!! :)

Lori

37306218_NachiCocumMarch302007.jpg.0caed84d3dc72032d4ed16f2ee75e55c.jpg

1259263031_NachiCocum-PoolBar3-30-07.jpg.430f7895928aeafa0654c4dfe8e880d9.jpg

600682846_NachiCocumPoolArea3-30-07.jpg.11c647f20c79cb6f1f097b0852d9422a.jpg

474263348_NachiCocum3-30-07Poolside.jpg.a66f21e2c035ac92b7b6fae5f01ee346.jpg

1494510110_NachiCocumBeachArea3-30-07.jpg.663f9d11dcf743ebd0e52b2c1e32eabd.jpg

Uh oh..some people here really get upset about feeding fish LOL

I am surprized they are taking people in without reservations or hotel guests..isn't that illegal since they don't have a business license??

I am glad to see that they are hopping to it and bringing out more chairs ...however it is apparent that the days and reviews of "there were only 12 people there" or "there were just the 10 of us" are long gone

Uh oh..some people here really get upset about feeding fish LOL

I am surprized they are taking people in without reservations or hotel guests..isn't that illegal since they don't have a business license??

I am glad to see that they are hopping to it and bringing out more chairs ...however it is apparent that the days and reviews of "there were only 12 people there" or "there were just the 10 of us" are long gone

I did have reservations, if you read my post. Plus it's not a hotel, have you ever been there :confused: ?? It's a beach resort, bar and restaraunt, a fantastic one! Also, it was so big that if there were 100 people there it would have been just fine. Plus how do you know if they don't have a business license?? I assume they do, they serve food and alcohol and provide wonderful service and extras if you care to partake. There was not one negative thing about it. As for feeding the fish, all the places we snorkeled at they were throwing bread crumbs in, not a big deal obviously to anyone else. Plus isn't this what these boards are about to recommend great places??? Thats why its limited to 100, so not to overcrowd. It was run perfectly and very professionally.

I did have reservations, if you read my post. Plus it's not a hotel, have you ever been there :confused: ?? It's a beach resort, bar and restaraunt, a fantastic one! Also, it was so big that if there were 100 people there it would have been just fine. Plus how do you know if they don't have a business license?? I assume they do, they serve food and alcohol and provide wonderful service and extras if you care to partake. There was not one negative thing about it. As for feeding the fish, all the places we snorkeled at they were throwing bread crumbs in, not a big deal obviously to anyone else. Plus isn't this what these boards are about to recommend great places??? Thats why its limited to 100, so not to overcrowd. It was run perfectly and very professionally.

The thing is that when another poster did not have a good day the fans of this place tried to drown their complaints out..I find that very unhelpful.........the place was overcrowded and apparently the workers did not get real busy to get more loungers....different days may be different.

The reason THIS beach club books thru Island Marketing is that they did indeed lose their business license...for environmental problems. They cut down a grove of protected mangroves to build a parking lot..among other environmental offenses from what I have read. That is why they are NOT open to the public in the same way that Paradise Beach or Uvas or Sanchos is...

The people who live there post on another board and they do NOT like this place...tho indeed it may be lovely....the old reviews and pictures of it looked really good....when they had very few people there.

They own a hotel..and used to only let the all inclusive guests come to Naachi and get their own transportation....now they have free shuttles and let all the guests go there..that is why it is more crowded.

Legally I guess they can have the hotel guests and private guests there....legally (by their laws) they are not supposed to allow the public...because they do NOT have a license. You "assumed" they did, but they do not. It is the same as here in the USA...do you go to unregulated speakeasy or rave clubs?? I don't..and I doubt that you do either.

FYI : Island Marketing is a booking agent out of Grand Cayman....they contract these various clubs and tours....some are good and some are not. They do seem to try to keep the places they book on the up and up...they thankfully removed a bad place in Belize where a cruiser was attacked by a pet monkey and the resort owner did nothing to help her.

Island Marketing no longer reps for them...which I applaud.

Island Marketing hopefully will assure that people who pay for loungers get them at Nacchi. I think Island should look into dropping Reef Club since it gets horrible reviews....and people have been sick.

Having a good day is great..and hopefully we all can. Reading recent reviews...here and on other boards, is a big help.At it's best this is a board to share experiences, both good and bad.

The info I provided about this place tho is correct, and yes I have not been there <grin>

>>>> shoot the message, not the messenger

>>>>> hate the game, don't hate the player LOL

Glad to see that you did have a good time

Glad to see you had a great trip... Hope it was warm when you got back home.:D Feeding fish in most of Cozumel is against the park regulations as it does cause harm to the reefs, and that is why the other person brought that up (digging at me). As usual she is trying to start problems.

Hi, yes it was nicer weather when we got home, although Thurs - Sat in the 30-40's , I guess like these boards you take the good with the bad :rolleyes:

As for a parking lot Cheri there was no parking lot anywhere, dirt roads-the only cars that were there were the taxis that were bringing the guests, the workers had scooters or bikes that I saw and we got there at 8:30 am and left at 4:30 pm- I didn't know anything about not feeding the fish, but I know that when he did (scrape flat breads) it made our snorkel trip that much better, we have underwater pics with the fish rubbing us. The swarm of beautiful fish that came I doubt that any scraps made it to the bottom, plus it was extremely deep waters. The workers there were very dedicated to making all the guests happy and they suceeded! Everyone had smiles and laughing is heard all through the video I took! BTY the massage was $35 for 30 mins. I noticed I had some typo's! It was fun to see 3 couples their from Cruise Critic also, all having a great time, the only complaint we had was that we had to leave so soon. They also offered parasailing, hair braiding, wave runners, $35.00 for 30 min and he said we could be 5-10 min. late too no charge, great price compared to Cayman at Royal Palms it was $95 for 30 min. sharp and chair rental was $5! No pool, but they did have a bar. Did not compare one bit to Nachi. This was the highlight of our trip by far the day we spent at Nachi. If they are operating without a license, I don't see how, they are serving alcohol, food, bottle water, and accepting charge cards! On the surface it looked like it was a honest business with hard working people. Maybe you should go Cheri and then you can voice a review after you've been there. I don't think you'd be disappointed, well I don't think who knows :rolleyes:

Here are some more pictures :D

819096461_NachiCocompoolside3-30-07.jpg.be62c3e813f480ee79e5d92f3119b5c5.jpg

1836802092_IguanaatNachipool3-30-07.jpg.326d3428ab5bfc2089185ddeb4e9c796.jpg

624819622_NachiCocumMassageHut3-30-07.jpg.8dbd908075458f0fb11e1190de428bf5.jpg

798200181_NachiCocomPool3-30-07.jpg.d36810684e8619479765daadb5941407.jpg

698156730_Nachiswimupbar3-30-07.jpg.51f89776268fc28322c3130492402cec.jpg

Cheri's at it again. She can't let people enjoy the memories of their cruise wiithout her trying to get in her cheap shots.

CHERI JUST LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this is still going on for as long as it has!!! Funny thing is, she has never even been there! I just gave my honest opinion of the time we had, but it was the same guy "Manual" who was there for us and also many other reviewers had raved about, he was awesome. Its just a beautiful place visually and for the soul, I felt lucky to be there considering the sadness our nation is going through. Good people all around :)

Any other questions I can answer I would love to help out! Remember if you go through Island Marketing, CASH or travel checks to pay balance.

her then she will stay!

Ignore list works wonderfully!

Good, bad, indifferent ... enough is enough ... this thread was becoming non enjoyable to read however the ignore option makes this thread much better to enjoy!!!

I can't wait to come back the end of May and post my experience, I hope great maybe not but I am sure that my ignore option will still be in place :)

Hi, yes it was nicer weather when we got home, although Thurs - Sat in the 30-40's , I guess like these boards you take the good with the bad :rolleyes:

I didn't know anything about not feeding the fish, but I know that when he did (scrape flat breads) it made our snorkel trip that much better, we have underwater pics with the fish rubbing us. The swarm of beautiful fish that came I doubt that any scraps made it to the bottom, plus it was extremely deep waters. The workers there were very dedicated to making all the guests happy and they suceeded!

I wasn't attacking you or your post, most vacationers don't know about the law in Cozumel. Again great review, glad you enjoyed your day..:D

Cheri,

Can you post a recent website stating they still at this time do not have a business license please?

Do you have a website that says they do?? They don't open to the public..cause they fines.. the info is on the trip advisor cozumel forum.

I am not all that sure of how things work in Mexico, but I have read various people say that this is the reason they are NOT open to the general public in the way that say Paradise Beach and Playa Mia are open to public (their website, for instance, has no price/admission info)

Maybe some of the people who live there will find out for us?

The recent reviews of it have been more positive I will say, and as I said before if you PAY for a lounger you should get it.

I am getting sick of the personal attacks since I do not personally attack any of you.

I wasn't attacking you or your post, most vacationers don't know about the law in Cozumel. Again great review, glad you enjoyed your day..:D

I'm sorry Ken, I surely didn't mean that for you at all to think!! I love your posts!! Believe me not intended that way :o

Ok were supposed to get snow this week I just heard on local news :( !!! I need another cruise :D

Lori :)

I'm sorry Ken, I surely didn't mean that for you at all to think!! I love your posts!! Believe me not intended that way :o

Ok were supposed to get snow this week I just heard on local news :( !!! I need another cruise :D

Lori :)

Great, I try to post informative information that is accurate 98% of the time... Snow... :eek:

Archived