guaranteed balcony, and booking while onboard?

newlu

Hi,

Am thinking of booking guaranteed balcony ($400 cheaper), any imput would be great, how and when do you find out where you are on the ship? Booking the Liberty 6 night cruise, we are 4 couples, wanting 4 cabins. Also, am cruising in June, if I book another cruise while onboard, what's the benefits (on Royal you get on-board credit of $100) Thanks

Lucie

Am thinking of booking guaranteed balcony ($400 cheaper), any imput would be great, how and when do you find out where you are on the ship? Booking the Liberty 6 night cruise, we are 4 couples, wanting 4 cabins.

Like any guar. cabin, you have to be happy with any cabin in that category/higher. Because that's what you'll get. You won't get anything less than a balcony. Unknown when you'll be "assigned" [i've been assigned 10 months precruise]. Possibly as late as embarkation itself [this has happened to me too]

I have booked Guaranteed Rooms the last two cruises. Was upgrade three to four decks. Getting ready to board the Liberty for a 6 day with a Guaranteed Balcony, received my documents and found out that I had received a two floor upgrade to the Verandah Deck. You may not find out until you get to the pier, but then again, they may assign you one before they send your documents. Hope this helps, have a great cruise!

Regarding cabin assignments on a guarantee... I'm not as worried as to when we'd be assigned, but I'm curious to know how I could find out whether I'm assigned or not. Is there somewhere on the website under My Reservation?

Thanks..

That "gifts and services" trick worked fine for me just now. I had booked an inside guarantee 4a and was told my TA many days ago I was upgraded to a specific 5a cabin. I just checked the number that way to see if it was still holding, and it was! Thanks so much. I hated to keep bugging my TA.

Ellie

Archived