Cameras and Sting Ray swim

ISTDS

Hi All

First Time Cruiser Here.

We are thinking about doing the stingray swim. We would also like to visit the turtle Farm. At his point I am Not Sure if we even do both. However, My question is this. What do people do with their Cameras while on the swim.

I have a very Expensive DSLR and i really dont want to leave that laying around on the boat Or bus. But i want to have it for The turtle Farm.

Thanks

ISTDS

I would just plan ahead and bring something to "waterproof" it. You'll want to take pictures and won't want to run back and forth from the boat to get your camera. You can go simple/cheap with a heavy duty zip lock or you can buy waterproof camera bags.

If you are REALLY worried about it, buy a disposable.

We leave the good digital on the catamaran while playing with the stingrays, take along the "waterproof" cameras we can pick up at the drugstore to take pics in the water.

If you are really concerned take a heavy gauge zip lock bag along to protect the good camera when it isn't safe in your hands.

The photos we have from the stingray sting are wonderful - enjoy it!!!!:D

We have taken our good camera while on independent snorkeling excursions, and have not worried about it. We waterproof it (see above posts) and then put it in the bottom of our backpack or beach bag. You are on a boat, and there is nowhere for some to go if the should even think about taking your camera. When you get back onto the boat, just check your backpack - you camera will be there!

Have a great time!

I just left my good camera on the boat in my beach bag while I swam with the stingrays. I bought a kodak disposable waterproof camera to take pics while with the rays, the pictures turned out great from this camera

Archived