Tell me about the Crown Princess!!!!!!

SEA SOUNDS

There are too many hiding spaces to tell you about. A great spot is outside of the Sanctuary - there is a whole load of loungers there that are free and it's nice and quiet there.

If you are lucky enough to have Sarge performing on your cruise, don't miss him. He wasn't on our cruise - the best comedian we saw was Rodney Johnson.

The other shows were okay, nothing spectaucular. Thebest meal we had was at Sabatinis. Don't overlook the food at the international cafe - although it doesn't look it, most of the food is free there.

I have to agree about Sarge – he was on the Crown with us and we loved him! (I would say he was the best comedian I have seen on 29 cruises.) If you are lucky enough to have him on your cruise make every effort to see his show.

The sanctuary is wonderful and a perfect place to escape from noise, kids, MUTS, etc. You do have to pay but I thought it was totally worth it with the fluffy towels, hug pads on the chairs – mine was as soft as my bed, the personalized service, cool towels, food brought to you, etc.

Here’s the best tip I can offer! I don’t remember what floor it was exactly but this is a great place to go when you are sailing into or out of a port. (And for the first couple of ports people haven’t found it yet so you will get almost the entire place to yourself.) Look at a ship’s map and find the bridge. You want to go one floor above the bridge. Head down the hallway with all the cabins on the starboard side toward the bow of the ship. When you get to the very front there will be cabins all around you and a door that isn’t marked at all. (It might have had a exit sign near it but I don’ recall exactly – I know it didn’t say anything on the door.) Go through that door and you will be in a short hallway with another door at the end – nothing else in the hall at all. Go through the other door and you will be shocked! You are actually outside ON TOP OF THE BRIDGE!! You are allowed to go there and there are railings all around. It’s like a ‘hidden’ observation deck but I will warn you that it is windy up there so don’t wear a hat and if you have long hair bring a scruntchie or something to keep it out of your face.

Somebody was nice enough to tell me about it on these boards and we did it the first day for sail away then almost every time we entered or left a port. It’s just great. By the end of the cruise others will have figured it out and how to get there – it really isn’t labeled on the ship at all.

Enjoy!

Archived