Constellation cabin 8046 or 9038

Dave&Robin

Help....I need some information on cabin selection!! When I look at the deck plans for Constellation both cabins 8046 and 9038 are 'CC' and look as though they have a slightly larger irregular shaped balcony. Am I right with that assumption? I was thinking that as long as the inside is the same as the other 'CC' class cabins it might be nice to have the extra space on the balcony. Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins and can give me some feed-back....good, bad, or ugly *L

Thanks it would be a great help.

Robin

Help....I need some information on cabin selection!! When I look at the deck plans for Constellation both cabins 8046 and 9038 are 'CC' and look as though they have a slightly larger irregular shaped balcony. Am I right with that assumption? I was thinking that as long as the inside is the same as the other 'CC' class cabins it might be nice to have the extra space on the balcony. Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins and can give me some feed-back....good, bad, or ugly *L

Thanks it would be a great help.

Robin

We are in 9038 on an upcoming Millennium cruise. If you do a search on "9038" on this forum you will see LOTS of stuff about this cabin on the various M class ships. The main things I learned from that search are 1) people LOVE that cabin because of the extra balcony space (which is why we booked it), 2) a couple of posters have complained about a bizarre 'squealing' noise from a 'utility room' across the hall (I started a thead last week on that subject on this forum.) A couple of them were actually re-assigned to other cabins because the noise was so bad (others did not mention the noise, so it must be sporadic) 3) 9038 has a larger overhang above it than on the lower deck. Good or bad? Dunno, 4) There is a window washing mechanism that is attached to the ship and at times could be stored (when not in use) in front of the 9038 deck. (I have only seen questions about this phenomenon but no actual comments from people that have stayed in 9038). I assume it is just an eye-sore and would partially block the view.

Good luck.

Steve

Don't they move the window washing equipment around. I notice on the mellinium in a picture that it looked like it was hanging close to 9074 area which is a cabin we have reserved. Other people told me not to worry they move it around. I hope this is true. It seems they would move it perodically. bojangs

Don't they move the window washing equipment around. I notice on the mellinium in a picture that it looked like it was hanging close to 9074 area which is a cabin we have reserved. Other people told me not to worry they move it around. I hope this is true. It seems they would move it perodically. bojangs

I suspect that is the case myself. I have seen pictures posted by others that show 9038 from the outside (taken from the dock) and the equipment was not there at that time. But I also thouhgt that it could have been in use elsewhere when the photo was taken and that it might come home to roost at night. But if they store it in different locations each evening then I guess that is only 'fair'.

Steve

We were in this cabin last summer on the Millie. Yes, it does have a larger balcony and it is angled so you can see around to the front of the ship and to the aft. The only thing I didn't like (and its a small thing) is there is a closet right next to this cabin. The cabin attendents start real early in the morning and would bang this door when closing it. It did tend to rattle the whole cabin but since we were in Med. we decided it was our wake up call to get out to the balcony and see what port we had come into. I wouldn't hesitate to book this one again.

We sailed in cabin 8046 on the "Infinity" last July to Alaska. I would not hesitate to book this cabin. The balcony is a lot larger than the standard balconies on the cabins next door due to it being on the hump. We had a table and 2 chairs and a sun lounger on the balcony. Another benefit we found was due to the hump, we were sheltered from the wind when travelling forward, so we could use the balcony at any time of the day or night. Hope you enjoy!!

Archived