Out of San Juan W/O passport?

mmsas

Has anyone cruised without a passport? Mine is held up in the system sent it in 12 weeks before we leave on April 15th AOS.... I know I do not need it as long as nothing goes "wrong" on the Islands....

Has anyone cruised without a passport? Mine is held up in the system sent it in 12 weeks before we leave on April 15th AOS.... I know I do not need it as long as nothing goes "wrong" on the Islands....

Hopefully you have a extra birth certificate, that wasn't sent with the passport application. If you don't http://www.vitalchek.com, works great to get another one. Good luck, the passport office is really screwing alot of people up this year.

We just came back from 3/4 sailing of Adventure. We had no passports NO problems. As long as there are no emergencies you should be fine.

If there is any kind of emergency and you need to fly home from a port, you will not be able to enter the country

That simply isn't true. It will be more difficult, but not impossible, to re-enter the US if you are without a passport. A secondary screening process is in place to verify your citizenship status. Obviously everyone should be encouraged to get a passport and at some point it will be mandatory regardless of your mode of transportation, but falsely claiming that citizens currently not in possession of a valid passport, will be barred from re-entry and become "men without a country" isn't acceptable and is probably counter-productive.:rolleyes:

Mine is held up in the system sent it in 12 weeks before we leave on April 15th AOS

Hmm, now I at least understand your bitterness towards me on the other thread, however misguided it may be!

That simply isn't true. It will be more difficult, but not impossible, to re-enter the US if you are without a passport. A secondary screening process is in place to verify your citizenship status. Obviously everyone should be encouraged to get a passport and at some point it will be mandatory regardless of your mode of transportation, but falsely claiming that citizens currently not in possession of a valid passport, will be barred from re-entry and become "men without a country" isn't acceptable and is probably counter-productive.:rolleyes:

You are right not impossible, but very difficult and time consuming, and should be avoided, keep copies of all your docs completely separate.

Archived