morning excursion + Horseshoe afternoon...enough time?

delldell

Will be docking at Kings Wharf on a Sunday from 8:00-5:00. Will be doing the Hawkins Island fun cruise from 10:00-1:30 (starts at 10:00 and is approx 3 1/2 hours). Really, really want to see the beauty of the south shore beaches too but can't until after the excursion. Can it be done with that late of a start? After the excursion I would be willing to cab or bus to beach, whichever is quicker. An obvious answer is to skip the excursion, but I have been out-voted by the rest of the group. It boils down to a question of timing and I was hoping those who have been could help me out. Thanks in advance.

It would be cutting it very close. If your excursion gets back to the Dockyard at 1:30 not later. You must be back on board the ship no later than 30 minutes prior to sailing, so 4:30pm. That leaves you 3 hours. Catch a cab and it will take you 30-45 minutes to get to Horseshoe Bay and then 30-45 minuts back. OK that takes up 1 1/2 hours of your 3 hours. This leaves you 1 1/2 hours at the beach. Personally I would only stay 1 hour at the beach. I always want a generous buffer of time to return to the ship. As gorgeous ar Bermuda is, I don't want the ship to sail without me.

Many of the taxi drivers do not like you to be wet and sandy in their taxi vans. So easier if you are going to just look and not swim.

Simple answer, yes, it is do-able.

Archived