Crown Princess - Room Assignment Question

jsfofec

Hi everbody, this is my first post here, but soon I will be on my 3rd cruise.

I have a question that I hope somebody could help me out with. We are planning a 9 day Carabean cruise in July and it will be my wife, daughter and mother in law. We plan on getting 2 rooms, because I don't want to share a room with my mother in law...she's nice, but 9 days would be too much.

What we are planning is having one room for my wife and I, and another for my daughter and mother in law. However, our daughter will actually be sleeping with us in our room. Can we do that? We've done this on Carnival without any problems, so I'm hoping we can do this on Princess as well.

We are debating whether to get a minisuite (which I want) (D525, 527, 529 or 530) or a balcony (the wife wants) on the Caribe deck (C505, C534) and my mother in law would be on an inside room. I checked and the rooms I listed will hold 3 people.

I really appreciate any help or guidance you can give me. The information I've picked up here is incredible!

Welcome!

Just make sure whatever cabin you book for you and your wife sleeps three. Especially in a balcony cabin as there is no sofa or sofa bed in balcony cabins. Even some of the minis sleep only two, so just be careful when booking that the cabin you choose will sleep three people.

It shouldn't be a problem at all to have your daughter sleep in the same cabin as you and your wife even though she is technically in the other cabin. Just make sure there is a bed for her in whatever cabin you do chose. It would certainly be easier in the mini-suite space wise. I was in a mini on the Crown and loved it.

You might check on the cost difference of your MIL having a single room and your daughter being booked as a third person in your room to start off with. We did a family cruise several years ago and it was within a few dollars difference doing it that way. That way your daughter will have a key to her own room. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for your replys! I checked which rooms will hold three, so I'll book one of those...I definitely think one of the rooms will be a minisuite. I'm sure that will be the place where we just hangout....A balcony room would get a little cramped with 4 people, where the minisuite does of the sofa.

I don't think my daughter will need her own key...she's only 6 :)

Archived