Shore vs Shipboard wedding

enchic21

What are the advantages/disadvantages between the two locations? If we chose to do a shore wedding on the day of cruise departure, will we be able to have photographs taken on board as well? Or is this exclusively for onboard weddings? What if I don't use the wedding coordinators provided through the ship?

I'm not sure about any of the other cruise lines, but Carnival does not do on shore weddings in the port of depature or upon return.

You'll usually find that the some of the ship's coordinators are actually the independent coordinators you find on your own, just sort of "subcontracted" for the ship if that makes sense!

I'm curious about the pictures on the ship as well. We're doing an on shore wedding in Barbados (day 3 of the cruise) and I wanted pictures of us on the ship as well. If all else fails, I'll be boarding the ship still dressed up and I can probably find some photographer that's bored and will take a picture for me! :)

I can only comment on a shipboard wedding. We just got married on Carnival Imagination and it was spectacular!!! Everything was perfect. I will say somewhat stressful prior to the actual event because of minimal communication. I tried calling and e-mailing but it was only one week before the wedding that I actually spoke to someone about the details. In the end it was better than imagined. The photographer was the only disapointment. He took tons of pictures and only a hand full were of good quaility( off centered, blurry, etc..) The price was very expensive not what was quoted in the contract (didn't bring with me for proof) paid $20 for 8x10 and $7 for 5x7. I have only 1 good photo out on the deck. My sisters took great pictures so it was okay. Good luck with your planning and should you choose an onboard wedding I can't imagine you'd be dissapointed

I decided to go with a shipboard wedding on embarkation day in NY so my family and friends can come to the wedding ceremony/reception. We hired a photographer in Bermuda to take our pics in our wedding clothes on the beach for an hour when we are in port...

Archived