If you had to choose today...

tookiepetie

We are currently booked on the Conquest for May 20th. Our airline changed our flight times to flights that do not fit our schedule. In order to get flights to fit our schedule it will cost us more money. So...

We started looking at other cruises and flights. We saw that the Carnival Legend sails out on the same day as the Conquest from Tampa. We checked flight times and they are perfect! Also we have been on the Conquest before and have been on that itenerrary twice. We have never been to any of the places that the Legend goes. We love the Conquest because it is so large and we dont feel cramped.

So my question is... If money was not the issue here (which it is not) ... would you go on the Conquest or the Legend?

Please be honest. We do not want to feel like we are shorting ourselves by going on a smaller ship, but also dont want to wonder if we made a wrong decision by not taking a different itenerrary.

Your help is greatly appreciated. We love this site and all of the GREAT advise we have gotten from it!

Thanks again in advance!

I think that if I were in your shoes, I'd choose Legend, since you've never sailed on her before and have never been to any of the ports of call. I've been on both ships, and as I posted on another thread I think I prefer the Conquest class to Spirit class based solely on ship layout - but I enjoyed both Conquest and Legend and wouldn't hesitate to sail either again. Better flights, new ports - I think Legend wins in this case.

...we have been on the Conquest before and have been on that itenerrary twice. We have never been to any of the places that the Legend goes...

i think you answered your own question in a way. try a different ship w/ a different itinerary. i bet you'll be glad that you did.;)

I am surprised that you have to pay to get more desirable flight times. We had the same situation last year - the airlines changed flights and they didn't work for us. They switched us to more accommodating flights at no charge.

Personally, when it comes to cruises, the desitnations are always secondary to the ship. Pick whichever ship has what you want because the ports can always be altered by the cruise lines for a variety of reasons.

We are currently booked on the Conquest for May 20th. Our airline changed our flight times to flights that do not fit our schedule. In order to get flights to fit our schedule it will cost us more money. So...

We started looking at other cruises and flights. We saw that the Carnival Legend sails out on the same day as the Conquest from Tampa. We checked flight times and they are perfect! Also we have been on the Conquest before and have been on that itenerrary twice. We have never been to any of the places that the Legend goes. We love the Conquest because it is so large and we dont feel cramped.

So my question is... If money was not the issue here (which it is not) ... would you go on the Conquest or the Legend?

Please be honest. We do not want to feel like we are shorting ourselves by going on a smaller ship, but also dont want to wonder if we made a wrong decision by not taking a different itenerrary.

Your help is greatly appreciated. We love this site and all of the GREAT advise we have gotten from it!

Thanks again in advance!

Not to change the subject, but do does your daughter go to denham high??? i've heard they have a lot of ppl from the senior class goin on the conquest from there. one of my friends goes there who is goin to be on the same ship. just curious....

Archived