Please help: Ruins, snorkel, beach

Annie44

Going on first ever cruise w/ DH, 13y/o and parents (mid 70's). POC: GC, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya. I have looked at Lamani w/ the boat ride but CCL doesnt offer it and Im worried about cuting the time too close. Also, consider Altun Ha w/ the river Wallace or ruins in Costa Maya and do snorkel in Belize. Also looking at Catamaran snorkel. Does anyone know if the ruins would be ok to go to look at and listen to the guide but not climb (for my Mom)(She is 78, works 20 hrs a week, does all her own housework, climbs stairs and walks well on flat ground but not too well with long steep hills) Annie

We did the Altun Ha ruins and found them to be very interesting. Climbing is only allowed on one of the structures. The others no one is allowed to climb on. Frankly although the view was great at the top of the one building you are allowed to climb, I think your mother would still find the tour very interesting. They were more interesting than I had anticipated. Glad we went.

Also there are some great buys on handmade wooden carvings at the small vender huts there. Great to bring home to remember the trip.

Archived