Please help with choosing between two hotels in Tampa

UGA Fan

We are going on our cruise in less than 2 weeks and I am trying to decide between the Marriot Waterside and the Hampton Inn in Ybor City for the night before our cruise. I would appreciate any input on these two places or if anyone has any other suggestions of places to stay. I really need to book soon as time is getting close to our Mar. 23 sailing. Thanks in advance.:)

We stayed at the Mariott Courtyard on E. Cass. It was a short drive to the port, and DO use the valet parking there, its only $10.00 on top of the $12.00/day. Saves time and worry. My only bitch at the Mariott was the $200+ per night. Happy Sailing!:D

We stayed at the new Embassy Suites downtown by the Convention Center in January before and after a cruise. It is close enough to walk to the piers, although with luggage we took a taxi. A full breakfast with made to order omelets, waffles, pancakes, fruit, cereal, yogurt was included. Also light snacks and drinks in the evening. A grocery store is across the bridge (within walking distance) if you want to pick up soda or water. Nice work out center and pool. You can walk to the aquarium, historical museum and several restaurants. We tried Tina’s Tapas, very good! It is also right on the Trolley line, you can take it to Ybor city and around town.

We would stay there again. Don't know how much it cost, used hotel points for a free stay.

We stayed at the new Embassy Suites downtown by the Convention Center in January before and after a cruise. It is close enough to walk to the piers, although with luggage we took a taxi. A full breakfast with made to order omelets, waffles, pancakes, fruit, cereal, yogurt was included. Also light snacks and drinks in the evening. A grocery store is across the bridge (within walking distance) if you want to pick up soda or water. Nice work out center and pool. You can walk to the aquarium, historical museum and several restaurants. We tried Tina’s Tapas, very good! It is also right on the Trolley line, you can take it to Ybor city and around town.

We would stay there again. Don't know how much it cost, used hotel points for a free stay.

Oh, mannnnnnnnn, that sounds like a nice place but I just booked the Marriott Waterside yesterday afternoon. I saved a little by being an AAA auto member so that helped. We have decided to go to Winter Haven for Friday afternoon to see the Cleveland Indians play. Our daughter's brother-in-law is a pitcher and is getting us tickets to the 7:00 game so we won't really be at the hotel for very long. I appreciate your suggestion on the Embassy Suites and will try to stay there next year.

Thanks.:)

Archived