First timer here with questions for the Pros

awesummom1

We are leaving on Carnival Ecstacy May 19th on our first cruise. Family of 4 (myself, DH, DD 19 and DS 11). I've heard conflicting stories about the drinking and gambling age on a cruise. It would be nice if my DD, 19, could play slots with me. I think she would love it! I also wouldn't mind if she had a fruity drink to celebrate with us (she'll be 20 this year). What is the drinking age?

Also, can someone tell me if Camp Carnival is as fun for 11 year olds as it sounds? My DS would like to make new friends on the trip and is looking forward to it, but is afraid it's more like a "babysitter" thing. Any experience with this?

Thank you sooo much for the info! (and the Carnival link) I'm very glad she will be able to play! Is it likely there will be many people her age on board? Just curious how many college students still vacation with their parents... I'm so glad she still makes time to go with us!

Archived