A question for Carnival Brides......

Hi ladies,

I am getting married next month on the Carnival Elation and wanted to see if anyone could tell me how much time they had between the ceremony and the reception. I called the Wedding department yesterday and was told there would be some time for photos. My concern is of course that we have the hour and a half reception and they will spend the first half with us out taking photos. So they could only tell me "there would be some time for photos before the reception". Nothing more. For those of you that have had a ceremony and reception, did they cut into your time to take photos or did they wait to start your reception until you had some of your photos taken? Thanks for your help, this board has been so helpful in my planning:) .

Desiree

After our ceremony the photographer took a few family photos. Everyone then went to the reception while we took a few photos in the atrium. I told the photographer I would like to finish photos after the reception and he took us up to the reception. I, like you, had the same concern. Just let your photographer know what you want to do. ALthough our wedding was fantastic my only disapointment was with the photos. Very expensive and quality was fair-poor. Make sure your friends and family members take lots of pictures. For me these were much better than the professional ones.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear that they took some family photos between the ceremony and reception. I have some family that will not be sailing and would hate to not have photos with them. As for your disappointment, It seems that's a common issue with Carnival so I have arranged for a friend to make sure she a lot of pictures and especially those most important to us :). Thanks again.

Archived