NCL vs. RCCL to Bermuda

dialy girl

I am considering a cruise to Bermuda in late October, and am considering either the Crown from NYC, or Empress OTS from Philly. I think I would prefer these smaller ships because of where they dock and the longer itinerary. To date, I have only sailed NCL Dawn and Spirit, and The Big Red Boat. I love freestyle and NCL, but would like to try RCCL. Any suggestions would be grestly appreciated.

Another ship you should consider for a long stay in Bermuda is the Celebrity Journey. It will be the smallest and newest ship on this itinerary, and will be sailing from New Jersey.

Also, there's the Norwegian Majesty sailing from Boston to Bermuda.

I personally would choose the Majesty, fewer ships start cruises from Boston, a long stay at St. George, and within walking distance to a prime Bermuda beach.

Between your choices, I like the Crown, which has the larger cabins and NCL's Freestyle Dining.

Whichever of the four you choose, have a great cruise.

I have a cruise booked to Bermuda out of Philly in June with NCL. I want to try the Philly port as I live nearby. Thought I'd try NCL as she is in Bermuda a little longer than RCCL.

I have sailed on the Empress. It is a small ship,. Tiny rooms not much room for clothes storage. The friendliest crew I have ever met. Excellent service. Good food and decent entertainment. It doesn't have the goodies the newer ships have.

You are looking at different ports of departure and different lines. Do your research. I suugest looking up past reviews on both ships.

I hope this helps.

I have a cruise booked to Bermuda out of Philly in June with NCL. I want to try the Philly port as I live nearby. Thought I'd try NCL as she is in Bermuda a little longer than RCCL.

I have sailed on the Empress. It is a small ship. Tiny rooms not much room for clothes storage. The friendliest crew I have ever met. Excellent service. Good food and decent entertainment. It doesn't have the goodies the newer ships have.

You are looking at different ports of departure and different lines. Do your research. I sugest looking up past reviews on both ships.

I hope this helps.

Personally I have done both NCL and RC to Bermuda. I don't like the Explorer of the Sea itinary as it is too short in Bermuda. Empress is fine. The price on the Journey so far has been very high but it will be Freestyle(open seating) just like NCL. Personally I go with who ever charges less.

I have taken the Crown out of NYC to Bermuda and will be doing so again this September. I like the idea of being able to dock in both Hamilton and St George. The added bonus is that when Hamilton has its' street fair were docked there and when St George does, we're docked there! It's great, walk off the Ship in the evening to a street party!

I have taken the Crown out of NYC to Bermuda and will be doing so again this September. I like the idea of being able to dock in both Hamilton and St George. The added bonus is that when Hamilton has its' street fair were docked there and when St George does, we're docked there! It's great, walk off the Ship in the evening to a street party!

We're going on the Empress, mostly because we wanted a balcony. I'll miss the freestyle, but figure we'll eat on shore a couple of nights anyway. The only inconvenient thing is the street fair schedule. We'll be in St George for the Hamilton fair, and in Hamilton for the St George fair.:p

Archived