7th Floor or 10th Floor AFT Junior Suite?

I haven't actually sailed on a Voyager class yet but have done tons of research for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise on Voyager where we have a deck 10 aft JS booked.

The higher the better for aft cabins on Voyager class because of the superstructure at the back of the ship. There is less obstruction the higher you go.

Check out pictures:

Bonnie Voyager's collection of aft cabin/balcon photos

and

Voyager-class.com aft balconies

You're welcome! Did you snag a deck 10 aft JS? :cool:

WeWoo, Thanks for making my day...we'll be in 7628 aft for the trans A on 4-23-07 and judging from your pics I think we'll be very pleased!!

thanks again

Dave

We had our choice of an Aft JS on Deck 10 or Deck 7 for our B2B on Voyager next January and chose the Deck 7 JS.

The Aft JS's on Deck 10 connect to the adjacent D1's on Voyager. We decided that we would prefer to have more of the superstructure in our view than have a connecting cabin.

WeWoo, Thanks for making my day...we'll be in 7628 aft for the trans A on 4-23-07 and judging from your pics I think we'll be very pleased!!

thanks again

Dave

You're welcome but they're not my photos. I just provided the links. ;)

We all need to thank Bonnie Voyager and Romain Moisescot for those wonderful pictures that have helped so many of us on Voyager class aft cabin selection.

Enjoy the aft cabin on your TA. :)

We had our choice of an Aft JS on Deck 10 or Deck 7 for our B2B on Voyager next January and chose the Deck 7 JS.

The Aft JS's on Deck 10 connect to the adjacent D1's on Voyager. We decided that we would prefer to have more of the superstructure in our view than have a connecting cabin.

Good point and I hadn't even thought of it because having a connecting cabin doesn't concern me. I prefer a higher deck and better view.

Now, I may change my mind if we get an obnoxious, loud, chain-smoking neighbor. :p ;) But then that would bother me in a balcony neighbor anyway, connecting cabin or not. It's all luck of the draw.

Now I wonder if the OP will change her mind again. :D

I see your point... and Deck 10 does look like it has a better view. :)

We've only had a connecting cabin once... our neighbors were not loud or obnoxious (in fact, I don't think we even saw them or heard them once on the cruise). They were smokers... every time they lit up we could see the smoke coming in through the connecting door. They may as well have been smoking in our cabin. It didn't bother us at all out on the balcony where the smoke had somewhere to go... During that cruise we vowed never again.

Have had both JS aft cabins on the Navigator. Would much prefer them over what is below. The view aft is much better the higher you go. I had no problems with noise from the connecting cabins. If the door had not been there I would have never known anyone was next door. There is a large area of metal that is behind deck six that IMO causes somewhat of a block in view looking down if you are in the lower cabins. I have photos of the two cabins on deck 10 in my Navigator photos. The balcony is great.

We've only had a connecting cabin once... our neighbors were not loud or obnoxious (in fact, I don't think we even saw them or heard them once on the cruise). They were smokers... every time they lit up we could see the smoke coming in through the connecting door. They may as well have been smoking in our cabin.
This would definitely bother me. All I can do is hope for the best. Hmmm, maybe duct tape would work to seal up around the door. ;)

I have photos of the two cabins on deck 10 in my Navigator photos. The balcony is great.
Yep. I've seen your pictures. They're great! I even printed a couple of them out a while back to show DH "our" balcony. :cool:

We had this cabin on this ship, the AFT JS...and it was WONDERFUL!! Great view, 144 sq.ft. balcony, loved every minute we had on our balcony. Thumbs up for sure if u have this cabin! ENJOY!

We had this cabin on this ship, the AFT JS...and it was WONDERFUL!! Great view, 144 sq.ft. balcony, loved every minute we had on our balcony. Thumbs up for sure if u have this cabin! ENJOY!
Which cabin? What deck? We are discussing the differences between decks 7 and 10.

ETA: And the burning question is (pun intended :p), if deck 10, did you have any issues with smoking neighbors in the connecting cabin? ;)

1694...was our cabin, and no no smokers, that I know of around us. We never saw anyone out on their balconies smoking...to us it was a perfect location and balcony...since those below we can see down into, so no one was above us looking down.

I have pics of our cabin/balcony that I can email to you and the original poster if u like. email is kimtar and I am on aol

Archived