Christmas Cruise with family

mays3

My family is thinking about taking a cruise over Christmas. Has anyone done this before? Now that the kids are getting older we all thought this would be a nice time for grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins to get together and enjoy a great trip. What I would like to know is are many other kids on board (ages 12 - 16), are the ships very crowded over Christmas? Any other info would be great.

My family is thinking about taking a cruise over Christmas. Has anyone done this before? Now that the kids are getting older we all thought this would be a nice time for grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins to get together and enjoy a great trip. What I would like to know is are many other kids on board (ages 12 - 16), are the ships very crowded over Christmas? Any other info would be great.

Im going on the Carnival Miracle 9 day Christmas/ New Years cruise this year with my wife and three kids. The ship is filling up quick. Last year we did the Legend over New Years with our whole family. New Years on a ship is a very fun time.

jWe did the Glory eastern carib this past christmas with our kids and my in-laws. There are alot of kids on board (but on this cruise they all seemed very well behaved:) ) Yes, the price is higher for the christmas sailing, but after you book, watch for carnival's upgrades and sales. By the time we made final payment I think the price was reduced $1,200 from initial booking~~it pays to keep on top of it and call in whenever a sale is advertised

Our last three have been Christmas cruises with our two DD's. With four ports of call, we usually 'draw' for a port to book a shore excursion as each gift to the family. A fantastic time for Christmas.

There will be a lot of familys and the ships will be full. Camp Carnival will usually have a Christmas show in the afternoon beforre dinner. The Christmas dinner is a traditional with turkey, ham, and the fixings.

The ships will be decorated with garland, bows, and a Christmas tree or two. It is a wonderful time, wish we were going this next Christmas.

cr99-santa.JPG.3fbb5eb2199695962f96ceb4b1507245.JPG

cr00s-dancer.JPG.ab301dac824350b45655e0926aa0104d.JPG

cruise05-gingerbread.JPG.6a6adee08da4932efedcc8a5d9a996f1.JPG

Im going on the Carnival Miracle 9 day Christmas/ New Years cruise this year with my wife and three kids. The ship is filling up quick. Last year we did the Legend over New Years with our whole family. New Years on a ship is a very fun time.

We are right there with Alex... counting the days! It leaves on Monday (12/24) and returns on Wednesday January 2nd!!! You can't beat that!

Monday------Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale)

Tuesday-----FUN DAY AT SEA

Wednesday--FUN DAY AT SEA

Thursday----St. Maarten

Friday-------St. Lucia

Saturday----St. Kitts

Sunday------Tortola

Monday------FUN DAY AT SEA - NEW YEARS EVE

Tuesday-----FUN DAY AT SEA - SLEEP IN THIS DAY...;)

Wednesday--Port Everglades

Wow - I just LOVE typing that itinerary out!!!:D

Two sea days to start AND finish up with!!:D

Tom

Archived