On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

I just want to say I love you all. You are beautiful, generous people who have just enhanced my cruise. LOL

One question, though - when I read Magic Bullet, I think of something a teensy bit different. So there is a bullet that is actually a blender? LOL

you really need to stop thinking about that and get your mind outta my wifes suitcase:D

smiles32617[/b];18126024]

So this is my first cruise so this is new to me, so the sum of it all is put some alcohol into a, lets say mouthwash bottle and pack it well (so it doesn't get caught or spilled) and treat yourself to a free drink now and then, correct? IF not, help me!!!!! This sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Also, I am a goody goody, so I must ask......if you do, lets say get caught, they just take it. You don't get in any trouble. ha ha ha:eek:

Been told that mouthwash flavor is hard to get out of the plastic...so unless you like Listerine tasting booze, I'd forget that one.

Yep, nasty tasting/smelling results. Pack it carefully in the original bottle.

And if you get "caught" at embarkation port, they will likely confiscate it (not sure what they do with it). In port it is a different matter. They will either ignore it, or ask you to surrender it at the desk to be returned on the last night of the cruise.

In San Juan, there is a liquor store just before you board the ship. We filled a colapsable cooler with 3 big bottles of liquor and put them on the scanner table. It went right through without a glance from security. We were so shocked, that once we emptied the cooler in our cabin, hubby took the cooler back off the ship and packed it with an 18 pack of beer!! Same thing, no problem mon!! This will be my 5th cruise in March, I plan on takin a bit of my own on board again, (i mean, why should this time be different from any other?) and mixing vodka/rum with any juice. After a few strong ones, they all taste the same anyway!! My recipe? Cruise cost + expensive excursions + slot machines + FREE drinks=

Carnival still getting paid well!! :p

Mandarian Orange Vodka & lemonade. my vacation drink. Hubs Crown & coke.

I do admit to smuggling .....powder drink mix. sometimes it is just to taxing to get my but off the balcony and get lemonade

I take a big jumbo Planet smoothie mug

I am interested in the premix long island iced tea someone mentioned. going liquor shopping & look for it

• 4 weeks later...

A word of caution... the mouthwash taste never leaves the bottle and WILL last forever. So... unless you want a horribly "fresh" tasting drink, I'd use a container that had something less potent in it originally. Went to far as to warm up the safety seal and slip it off and back on... looked like the perfect mouthwash bottle when done. Then, the taste test.... argh!!:mad:

This is a great thread! So far, I've copied down about 12 different drink recipes, ordered a single-serving blender from Wal-Mart, and am ready to party!:D

I read on another thread that if you sail out of San Juan, they are pretty liberal about allowing you to bring on a bottle of rum without any hassels, as long as its in a backpack, and not just in plain site.:) So, since San Juan is our first port stop, that's what I'm going to do. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas and recipes. I've got a mini cocktail shaker that's going in my checked bag!:D

For a very refreshing drink mix vanilla flavored rum or vodka with orange juice.

We just tryed a new drink this past Jan.

We bought a can of welches concentrated juice mix

12 pack of gingerale

rum

fill glass with ice splash of jc. mix, rum to your strength and fill with gingerale.

Actually quite good!

Now don't some of you folks think it's going a bit too far when one starts to bring blenders onboard to mix drinks. These are the same folks plotting here about making drinks from "smuggled" items and who would say if you can't afford the tips, stay home. Perhaps one could say the same about purchasing drinks too.

Now don't some of you folks think it's going a bit too far when one starts to bring blenders onboard to mix drinks. These are the same folks plotting here about making drinks from "smuggled" items and who would say if you can't afford the tips, stay home. Perhaps one could say the same about purchasing drinks too.

I have a small blender I can bring and I have been back and forth on whether to bring it on. I am wondering if one can get caught with it and get into trouble.:o I WILL be paying ALL tips AND buying loads of ship drinks. :D

I take 3 1.75L of vodka along with 2 empty 32oz bottles. I love the mango juice and fill each jug every morning and store them in the mini bar for later. When that runs out I mix with fruit punch or lemonade. DW likes the ice tea, one thing about vodka is you can mix it with anything.

Being that cruise lines frown (disallow) filling personal containers with juice/punch, how does one fill 32oz bottles with mango juice? Funnel?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Edited by stegosaurus1

A word of caution... the mouthwash taste never leaves the bottle and WILL last forever. So... unless you want a horribly "fresh" tasting drink, I'd use a container that had something less potent in it originally. Went to far as to warm up the safety seal and slip it off and back on... looked like the perfect mouthwash bottle when done. Then, the taste test.... argh!!:mad:

Mint mouthwash bottle + bourbon = Instant Mint Julip.

'nuf said :D.

The last cruise I went on, I planned ahead and bought Rum Runners... just enough for me and not the DB! So, he insists on bringing alcohol too..and decides he can smuggle it on by emptying out a HUGE shampoo bottle. He rinsed it about 30 times over the course of a day ( suuuuch a hassle, why wouldn't you just buy rum runners??? ) and thought he'd be set. When he started making drinks in the cabin, his rum and cokes were REALLY bubbly. Smuggler's champagne? hahahah. I'm just glad all the shampoo he must have drank didn't make him sick! ew.

I " understand ", that some ne'er do wells:eek: " smuggle alcohol in their luggage away from the prying eyes and hands of Carnival baggage checkers. I also " hear" that it is best to wrap in plastic to avoid breakage. Some actually put the liquor in other containers IE Mouthwash, Gatorade bottles.:rolleyes: . Rumor has it, that it is best NEVER to put it in your hand luggage at check in, to avoid it being confiscated:eek: I myself walk the straight and narrow and AVOID these types of people at all cost....... But, where is the pineapple juice on board ( in case someone should ask ):D ,

Truly hilarious lol must remember these lines!!!

• 2 months later...
Now that they have removed the fruit punch whats left to mix with our rum?

Rum and lemonade still works pretty well, but here a couple of other options:

• Fill a bubba keg with pass-o-guava juice at breakfast. Makes an excellent mixer later on.
  • Bring your own fruit punch, either cans or mix. You are allowed to bring non-alcoholic drinks, so really any mixer is allowed.

Edited by Thirsty Cruiser

This is not a smuggling thread....of course the alcohol in these recipes will be pre-ordered through the appropriate channels.

1) Tequila, lemonade, sprite garnished with limes.

2) Rum, pineapple juice (now that we know it is available), orange juice and a shot of amaretto.

3) vodka and ice

mmm #2 sounds really good. I'm going to be making mimosas (sp?)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
I just want to say I love you all. You are beautiful, generous people who have just enhanced my cruise. LOL

One question, though - when I read Magic Bullet, I think of something a teensy bit different. So there is a bullet that is actually a blender? LOL

HAHAHAHAHHA -- this made my morning!

Yes they have it at breakfast! 😀😀

Thanks t! That's pass-o-tastic news!

Laziest mixed drink ever.

- Tall glass full of ice

- 3 or 4 oz of vodka

- 1 squirt of Orange Vanilla Mio (Walmart)

- top off with water

It's sweet but tasty.

While not exactly an on board mixer, great idea with the mio.