CROWN PH R417...also- crib question

ambrga

Hi, I am cruising with my family in June and looking for the scoop on the PH suites on the Riviera deck. I have a few specific questions as well:

* IS there a curtain to divide the room? We are traveling with our 10 mo...

* ALSO- has anyone been on the Crown Princess and use their cribs? Are they in fact cribs or pack n plays? Do they have fitted sheets or should I just bring my own? I am so concerned about the crib they provide that I am toying with the idea of bringing our own pack n play!?!?!

* How big are the balconies for these rooms? are they covered at all?

* In suites can you get anything for room service?

* DO they charge you to re-stcok the fridge in suites?

Thanks in advance for your help with my questions!!:)

Hi, I am cruising with my family in June and looking for the scoop on the PH suites on the Riviera deck. I have a few specific questions as well:

* IS there a curtain to divide the room? We are traveling with our 10 mo...

* ALSO- has anyone been on the Crown Princess and use their cribs? Are they in fact cribs or pack n plays? Do they have fitted sheets or should I just bring my own? I am so concerned about the crib they provide that I am toying with the idea of bringing our own pack n play!?!?!

* How big are the balconies for these rooms? are they covered at all?

* In suites can you get anything for room service?

* DO they charge you to re-stcok the fridge in suites?

Thanks in advance for your help with my questions!!:)

Good Morning,

We are in the same suite for back-to-back 7 day cruises in November. We were in an aft suite on the Sea princess in November 2005. I found pictures of the cabin in web shots but forgot to book mark the site. If I remember, there is a half cover over the balcony. The balcony is not that big, looks to be about 6 feet wide and the length of the cabin but did show a table and chairs and two loungers. You can get anything you want off the seated dining room menu during dining times. We always had breakfast in the room ( aft balcony was huge! ) and a few dinners on our 14 days in Nov 2005. The room steward puts a copy of the menu in your room each day for every meal. Yes there is a charge to restock the mini-fridge. Bar is well stocked to start with and fridge is stocked with what you ask for in your cruise personalizer. You also get fresh fruit every day, afternoon hors'd hourves, ice bucket always full, special bedding and much more. And what we enjoyed most was free laundry and dry cleaning! We packed half of what we normally would and we had all clean clothes to return home with. Enjoy your cruise.

thanks pandaman,

my husband and I probably won't touch any booze in our stocked fridge so I am hoping once I get into the cruise personalizer that I can request just diet soda and waters.... do you think this is possible?

somewhere on here it seemed like someone in a suite had gotten sodas and waters restocked for free... I bet it varies on your room steward?!

Did you tip the room person day by day or wait until the end? part of me thinks they'd hook us up more if we do it day by day... any thoughts on this?

:)

thanks pandaman,

my husband and I probably won't touch any booze in our stocked fridge so I am hoping once I get into the cruise personalizer that I can request just diet soda and waters.... do you think this is possible?

somewhere on here it seemed like someone in a suite had gotten sodas and waters restocked for free... I bet it varies on your room steward?!

Honestly, it won't matter what you put in the cruise personalizer before you leave as to the bar set up. That will have to be switched out once you get onboard. Still not sure why Princess even has that section in the personalizer as they sure don't pay any attention to what you check there.

Many have been able to switch out their bar set up for other things like water and soda, some haven't had any luck on a few of the ships and they wouldn't do it for them.

As for refilling it at no charge? Nope, it is a one time thing, even in suites. So, I wouldn't count on that one.

thanks pandaman,

Did you tip the room person day by day or wait until the end? part of me thinks they'd hook us up more if we do it day by day... any thoughts on this?

There are two different things we are talking about. There is teh stocking of the Bar - booze and wine, and the stocking of the fridge. As for the bar,I asked for white wine and leftthe booze open. It was nicely stocked with Brandy, Scotch, Vodka and White Wine. As for the fridge, I asked for no beer, club soda and diet soda. That's what I got except for some non-diet soda as well. The only thing we asked to re-stock was club soda and it was the usual per can price. I never did ask for bottled water... the desalinization on the ship is great and I always used the tab water from the bar sink.

Princess adds a "tip" per day per person to your bill at the end of the trip. I always give the room steward a $20 when we meet for the first time and that usually gets us good service for the cruise. I do the same for the head waiter. We always have an envlope with $10s and $5 for above and beyond tipping. We also have a few $10.00 world-wide telephone cards we give out when we know one of the folks serving us is going ashore. They really apprciate it. A hundred bucks or so for extra tips when you spend several thousand on a cabin is worth it. It makes a great cruise even better.

Regarding cribs, we were given a pack and play for our daughter. They did not have crib sheets, but we used a folded regular flat sheet. The bottom of the crib was kind of lumpy, so we padded it with a towel, then put the folded sheet on top. It was clean. On the Holland America cruise we took in 2005, I did take my own pack and play for my older child because I was worried. It was a HUGE pain lugging that thing, and I had to put it out in the hallway the night before we left (we borrowed a pack and play from the ship for the last night.) Make sure you reserve a pack and play in plenty of time. I checked back about once a month just to make sure we'd have it (I have a wandering 2 year old who knows how to unlock doors and get out of anywhere -- though she could climb out, she's afraid we'll get mad at her so she stays in.) Good luck to you and have a great trip!

We sailed on the Crown last June with our 10 month old Granddaughter. The room steward bought in a wooden crib that looked new. It was the size of a pack and play with fitted sheets and a bumper. My daughter did not use the "bumper". The crib was easy enough to fold and bring to our balcony room when she slept in our cabin one night. Our Granddaughter slept fine in the crib for the entire cruise.

Happy sailing!

Archived