food ?

ambrga

:o I am in the process of trying to lose weight... and I KNOW a cruise can be tough while doing so...

What happens if I personalize my cruise info to say LOW FAT DIET... do more options present themselves to me OR are there already LIGHT options available in the dining room and at the buffets?

anyone keep with weight watchers while cruising? any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

by the way- I plan to get to the gym daily but have found in the past that I get motion sick sometimes while on a machine!? Outdoor walking always works though- and so do the stairs!:)

It's tough to hold the line while on a cruise, but it's possible. I'm in that position myself, having lost about 20 pounds since fall. I want all my new clothes to fit by the end of our ten day cruise!

I adopted the "is it worth it?" attitude. I take a small taste and decide if more is worth it. If it's not that interesting or unusual, I pass. That way I get to taste everything that looks interesting without overdoing it.

I'm pre-diabetic so I have to limit carbs, and this strategy has helped me lose weight and feel less of a struggle to eat less. I guess you can call it "strategic pickiness"! This especially goes for me and desserts. It had better be stellar for me to risk high blood sugar!! My doctor knows I'm going to have some dessert and drinks so I'm prepared with meds, but who wants to ruin all that hard work?

Taste, be picky, enjoy your cruise. :D

It's possible. I don't think you can preorder "low fat", there are plenty of low fat healthy options on the menu and even on the buffet. This year I did real well on our cruise. I had a healthy breakfast, bigger lunch and a small dinner. I allowed myself 1 dessert each day. It helps that I sat between Dan and Stephanie who tend to look at my plate as fair game for them! I didn't get to finish anything that I took.

Taking the stairs will help alot. Don't beat yourself up over a few pounds on the cruise. When you get off the boat, it should only take a week or so to lose them. Enjoy yourself!

I do traditional seating and talk to my waiter the first night. I tell him that I dont do bread, pasta, or potatoes but I'll leave the rest up to him to give me a fabulous dinner that will not make me gain wait. It is wonderful to go into the dining room and while everyone else is ordering, to wait for my "personal reccomendations" My meals were always fabulous, no carbs to be seen on the plate, so no temptations. One night my waiter said "madame, you truely cannot miss the special desssert tonight so I will have the chef prepare sonething very light as your entre" I ate ( and drank) very well on that cruise and did not gain a pound!

:o I am in the process of trying to lose weight... and I KNOW a cruise can be tough while doing so...

What happens if I personalize my cruise info to say LOW FAT DIET... do more options present themselves to me OR are there already LIGHT options available in the dining room and at the buffets?

anyone keep with weight watchers while cruising? any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

by the way- I plan to get to the gym daily but have found in the past that I get motion sick sometimes while on a machine!? Outdoor walking always works though- and so do the stairs!:)

Have no fear... I am one of the unlucky ones that can just look at food and gain weight. Well, on my last cruise, I ate what I wanted at every meal and even had desserts every night. We also went to both specialty restaurants and ate everything. By the end of the cruise, I knew I wouldn't be able to zip my pants on to leave the ship. To my surprise, they not only zipped up easily, but they were a bit roomier than normal. Apparently, one up side to the large size of the ships these days...all that walking burns off mega calories. I did nothing else other than a few laps in the pool on one day. The key to not gaining weight is walking...all over the ship. Oh, I also always took the elevators. It was just from walking to Bingo in the aft of the ship, then to the atrium and back....then to the dining room...back to the cabin....forward to the shows...etc. Enjoy yourself and explore the ship on foot.:D

Archived