Oriana Post-Refit

dougnewmanatsea

Has anyone got any interior photos of ORIANA after the big refit earlier this year?

There are two rather poor ones on the P&O site and that's it. (One would think they would be more eager to show off their "new" ship.)

Hi Doug,

Not exactly that helpful, but we will be on Oriana in November and I shall take lot of shots and publish them. I have had a look at cruise connections on P&O without luck.

If I come across any I will post you a link.

:):)Happy Crusing:):)

Thanks Jo for the photos!

I guess for the most part she looks unchanged except for the Curzon Room which is still pretty much original except (obviously) for the necessary new furniture.

She does still look like a lovely ship though, ultimately I do not think she needed much so it is by no means a bad thing that there were no drastic changes!

Lords Tavern does look less "changed" than the P&O web site suggests.

What did you think of the refurbished cabins? I gather that was really the biggest thing done in the refit.

Oh and Dai, thanks for looking at Cruise Connections, I have signed up twice (two different e-mail addresses) but been unable to log on and not had any response from P&O either.

I do not really find P&O all that compelling as a cruise line but do think ORIANA and AURORA look like lovely ships.

Hi Doug,

I have been having hugggggggggge problems with my internet access which only lets me into certain sites most of the time. Well this morning someone has pushed a button somewhere cos I now have full access. Consequently I have found you another link to Oriana photos. These come from the New Year cruise 2006/7.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/yummy_m...384952077#page1

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/yummy_m...460762384981120

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

I have found you another link to Oriana photos. These come from the New Year cruise 2006/7.

Thanks! Very much appreciated.

Ultimately she does not look all that different, but then that is hardly a bad thing as I always thought she looked like a really nice ship anyway.

Pity there are not more cabin photos but from what I can see of the balcony cabins I do like the new color schemes etc.

DAIB - Thank you for showing us all your lovely post refit Oriana pix. I have been on her once before the fit and am due again in October. My mother is to go on her first cruise on oriana in September in a balcony stateroom. The pictures of the cabin you show with the balcony, is this a standard balcony stateroom or something else as the bacopny look really big! Thanks. Hollyanna

DAIB - Thank you for showing us all your lovely post refit Oriana pix. I have been on her once before the fit and am due again in October. My mother is to go on her first cruise on oriana in September in a balcony stateroom. The pictures of the cabin you show with the balcony, is this a standard balcony stateroom or something else as the balcony look really big! Thanks. Hollyanna

Hi Hollyanna,

Sorry but these are not my photos I only found a link to them for Doug.

The Balcony cabins on Oriana are only found on Staterooms and not on the standard twin cabins. Oriana only has one deck with balconies unlike more modern ships with their racks of balconies 5 decks high. This gives the ship a very clean line.

We are looking forward to our cruise on Oriana in November of this year.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Archived