Need help deciding if we have enough time for 11:00 am waverunner tour !!!

jennifer.c21

:eek: We are about to book a tour with Ebanks Watersports for May 1st, 2007 on Carnival Valor. Our itinerary says we will be ther from 7-4. The tour starts at 11:00 am local Cayman time, and lasts two hours. I am still so confused about ship time vs. local port time. If we will acually be one hour ahead of Cayman time, that will have us done with the tour at 2:00, and then have to get back onto the ship in two hours. I think Ebanks is about 15 mins away from the ship dock. I just want to be sure we have enough time before we book. Any help with this would be great.

You will have plenty of time. Don't worry about ship time/port time. All the excursion people know what time the ships come and go. They make sure you have enough time. I, too, was concerned before we took our last cruise but it turned out to be a non-issue. An 11am excursion is not cutting it close in either direction. Also, I think the waverunner excursion you are taking leaves from near the port. I'm not sure about that but I think that's what I read somewhere. We took the Island Marketing waverunner excursion.

We LOVED it! We booked through Island Marketing (http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm). We left from a resort then went 4 miles out to Stingray City, then got back on the waverunners and went to Rum Point, then went back to the resort to hang out. It was a great experience! Highly recommended. I also used this tour company in Cozumel and had no problems with either excursion.

We LOVED it! We booked through Island Marketing (http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm). We left from a resort then went 4 miles out to Stingray City, then got back on the waverunners and went to Rum Point, then went back to the resort to hang out. It was a great experience! Highly recommended. I also used this tour company in Cozumel and had no problems with either excursion.

I just booked through them for April 5th so I am glad to see you had a good experience. I am a bit nervous as this is the first time we are booking excursions on our own :( . Can you tell me how what resort it was, how you got there and what that cost. Thanks!

I just booked through them for April 5th so I am glad to see you had a good experience. I am a bit nervous as this is the first time we are booking excursions on our own :( . Can you tell me how what resort it was, how you got there and what that cost. Thanks!

The resort was ok - not the biggest or best I've ever seen but certainly not a Howard Johnson's. There's a pool and a hot tub you can use while you're waiting on the waverunners or after you are done. We chose to wait on the beach (I was in the hammock :D ). It's not a very sandy beach - more rocky but not a big deal. You'll see a beautiful beach at Rum Point.

Don't be nervous about booking on your own! I ALWAYS book my own excursions. I just make sure I've researched them. Reading these boards you will see there are tons of people who have done this excursion with no problems.

We took a taxi bus to the resort. They fill up the bus then stop at places along seven mile beach. It was $6 or $7/pp to get to the Grand Caymian Resort. Once you get off the tender just tell one of the many people standing there that you want to go to the Grand Caymian. They will put in a taxi going there. The resort will call a taxi for you on the wayback.

Archived