QV 2008 sailings annouced

Cunard Cruiser

Thanks for posting....though looks as though someone in Valencia has a rather shaky grasp of geography:

The voyages, which circle the Black Sea, include: Russian Rendezvous -- Three 14-day voyages, departing roundtrip from Southampton on May 27, June 22 and July 18, with stops in Zeebrugge, Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn and Gdansk.

I think they mean 'Baltic'

Peter

Thanks for posting. Now we all finally know the schedule.

Yet I am not very happy about it. It looks a lot like any other cruise line's schedule to me. Most cruises are just 12 days and packed with ports.

A good mix of European sailings - glad they are not all ex Southampton. Interestingly she will be back in Southampton on 2 Jan 2009 - ready for another world cruise??? Ken

I agree it looks like an interesting mix - and also that they are wise not to try to do everything out of Southampton....for reasons well known to us all.....:rolleyes:

I doubt we'll hear any more about 2009 until later this year - depending on how 2008 is selling.

Peter

I agree it looks like an interesting mix - and also that they are wise not to try to do everything out of Southampton....for reasons well known to us all.....:rolleyes:

I doubt we'll hear any more about 2009 until later this year - depending on how 2008 is selling.

Peter

Well, even your beloved QE2 couldn't do some of these itineraries in the same time out of Southampton instead :rolleyes:

I've read on this board that QV's 2008 world cruise is selling fast, so maybe we may hear about 2009 sooner rather than later. If she's in Southampton on 2 Jan 09 I reckon it's a forgone conclusion that it's for the start of another World Cruise or World Voyage. :D

No news yet about the other 2 :rolleyes:

Ken

The QV will have just over half (11 out of 21) of her departures from Southampton:

Departures:

Southampton: 11

Rome: 4

Venice : 3

Barcelona: 2

Athens: 1

Bad news if you are Platinum and like priority boarding I guess......but also makes sense for Cunard: i) if you are targeting Americans - no sense in flying to London if you want to cruise the Med, ii) given all the extra competition in Southampton. Wonder how robust the Cunard/Princess check-in will work in the Med ports. Interestingly P&O's Arcadia (another Vista) does do her Med cruises out of Southampton

Peter

Well, even your beloved QE2 couldn't do some of these itineraries in the same time out of Southampton instead

No, but at least she does do roundtrip Meds out of Southampton - just like the QM2 - the QV will only take you out, or bring you back, not both. Lets hope fly-cruising is popular!

I've also read that her World Cruise is selling well.

A few words from 'Coming Sir' about the first Queen Mary:

'It is an unwritten law among seafaring men of experience that an old hand never does the maiden voyage of a ship. He waits until she has been running for a few trips.....'

I wonder if part of the reason they are pushing QV hard now is to do with internal corporate politics - 'who wants the next new-build?' 'Me Sir! Please Sir Please!

I think they got the first QV on the back of the QM2's great advance sales, then were knocked back after the QM2's entry into service issues - probably wisely - the new QV is a lot better for Cunard than the original - all those 'class' things that aerate the cousins......

Peter

Got this email today, some nice QE2 2008 offers coming for the UK.

Cunard 2008 – Advance Information

On sale from Monday, 2nd April

(1st April for Past Passengers)

All Ships

Past Passenger Offer:

World Club members receive an additional 5% saving and then you will receive a further hefty discount from The CruiseKings.

Queen Victoria

Newcomers Offer:

$5pp per day onboard credit on voyages of 7nts or more on Balcony grades when booked by 30th June (max $110pp)

Queen Elizabeth 2

Past Passenger Offer:

To celebrate QE2 Anniversary in 2007 a unique past passenger offer will be available for 2008 bookings made between 1st & 30th April. Book any two 2008 voyages with Cunard on the same day in April and if one of the voyages is QE2 a 20% Past Passenger saving on the QE2 voyage. The 20% Past Passenger saving only applies to one voyage. This offer applies when both voyages are 6nts or longer and excludes World Cruise.

Newcomers Offer:

£100 per person saving on voyages of 13nts or more on Caronia grades and above when booked by 30th June

Queen Mary 2

Newcomers Offer:

£50pp saving on voyages of 6nts or more on balcony grades, including all Transatlantic 2008 packages when booked by 30th June. Offer excludes Christmas cruise QM901

Archived